Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arc40

Jun 19, 2009
where did i say we played Dybala as a target/false 9? we did that once, in the Coppa against Genoa i think, and he did a fantastic job btw. after moving away from the 4231 of last season, we played a lot of games in a 442/433 shape, where Dybala-Higuain was supported by D. Costa from the right, and Matuidi was acting as a CM/LM on the left. 1st game that comes to mind is Napoli away, but there were many more:

https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2017/12/01/italy/serie-a/ssc-napoli/juventus-fc/2538923/

Dybala-Ronaldo functions because both will create space for each other, not take it away (like Higuain did with Dybala). Ronaldo gives you an aerial threat, but will not camp between CBs obviously. he will move around and attack space without the ball, something Higuain was bad at. he is also getting rid of the ball more quickly, where as Higuain used to hold onto it for too long, ruining some promising attacks. depending on who the other 2 CMs next to Pjanic are, this could be one heck of an exciting team to watch
Its great we have so many options but i just dont see Ronaldo playing with both Dybala and Costa. One of them will be coming off the bench. I think it will be Costa although Dybala is less flexible tactically. Need someone to do the dirty work next to Ronaldo which can only be Mario. This is practical Allegri we re talking about.

Still hard to believe we re discussing how RONALDO is going to fit on the team.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Pogba ain't coming back and I would hate to see him in our shirt again.

Yes I know he would dominate in b2b role but I just hate the guy so much. I hope he stays at mediocre manchowder for the rest of his career.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Its great we have so many options but i just dont see Ronaldo playing with both Dybala and Costa. One of them will be coming off the bench. I think it will be Costa although Dybala is less flexible tactically. Need someone to do the dirty work next to Ronaldo which can only be Mario. This is practical Allegri we re talking about.

Still hard to believe we re discussing how RONALDO is going to fit on the team.
there is no way we bench either Costa or Dybala. rotation will be present, especially with all our depth, but expect both to play significant minutes (top 10 in the squad easily) throughout the season, baring no injuries. im gonna make a bold prediction and say we will sign Pogba (for arguments sake, it wont happen obviously), this is how we will play

option 1, with Costa on the right:

Cancelo Benatia Chiellini AS
Costa Can Pjanic Pogba
Dybala Ronaldo
/
Can Pjanic Pogba
Costa Dybala Ronaldo

option 2, with Costa on the left

Cuads Benatia Chiellini AS
Can Pjanic Pogba Costa
Dybala Ronaldo
/
Can Pjanic Pogba
Dybala Ronaldo Costa (Cuads more in the attacking phase, Can covering)

option 3, double wings

Pjanic Pogba
Cuadrado Dybala Costa
Ronaldo
/
Cuadrado Pjanic Pogba Costa
Mandzukic Ronaldo
/
Can Pjanic Pogba
Cuadrado Ronaldo Costa

option 4, strong midfield

Can Pjanic Pogba Matuidi
Dybala Ronaldo

option 5, 3 at the back

Can Benatia Chiellini
Cuadrado Pjanic Pogba AS
Dybala Mandzukic
Ronaldo
/
Caldara Benatia Chiellini
Cuadrado Can Pjanic Pogba AS
Dybala Ronaldo

this team is too good and too deep to not field 3 of its biggest offensive assets at the same time

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
In DK trying to finish my thesis for the moment. Hope to go to IT during september, will let you know, maybe we can watch a game together. I also owe you a beer for helping me with finding an apartment! Hope all is well.
Yes sure, I have managed to move my season ticket to Curva Sud this season. Beer anytime you want!
Family is fine, Ben back living with us, CJ still in Edinburgh. Looking forward to seeing you!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

arc40

Jun 19, 2009
there is no way we bench either Costa or Dybala. rotation will be present, especially with all our depth, but expect both to play significant minutes (top 10 in the squad easily) throughout the season, baring no injuries. im gonna make a bold prediction and say we will sign Pogba (for arguments sake, it wont happen obviously), this is how we will play

Costa Can Pjanic Pogba
Dybala Ronaldo
/
Can Pjanic Pogba
Costa Dybala Ronaldo

Can Pjanic Pogba Costa
Dybala Ronaldo
/
Can Pjanic Pogba

option 3, double wings

Pjanic Pogba
Cuadrado Dybala Costa
Ronaldo
/
Mandzukic Ronaldo
/
Can Pjanic Pogba
Cuadrado Ronaldo Costa

Can Pjanic Pogba Matuidi
Dybala Ronaldo

option 5, 3 at the back

Can Benatia Chiellini
Cuadrado Pjanic Pogba AS
Dybala Mandzukic
Ronaldo
/
Dybala Ronaldo

this team is too good and too deep to not field 3 of its biggest offensive assets at the same time
I agree we have a lot of options but if we re tinkering with that many formations Allegri is not doing his job well. Plus you have a few players in positions that arent their strength (Can at CB, Cuads at FB). And why include any player that isnt signed. Thats a lot of mental masturbation. Pick a system(s) to get the best out of our players and get us results. Allegri will have a base of 2 maybe 3 variations throughout the year. I m looking forward to see how he lines up them up.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011

Costa Can Pjanic Pogba
Dybala Ronaldo
/
Can Pjanic Pogba
Costa Dybala Ronaldo

Can Pjanic Pogba Costa
Dybala Ronaldo
/
Can Pjanic Pogba

option 3, double wings

Pjanic Pogba
Cuadrado Dybala Costa
Ronaldo
/
Mandzukic Ronaldo
/
Can Pjanic Pogba
Cuadrado Ronaldo Costa

Can Pjanic Pogba Matuidi
Dybala Ronaldo

option 5, 3 at the back

Can Benatia Chiellini
Cuadrado Pjanic Pogba AS
Dybala Mandzukic
Ronaldo
/
Dybala Ronaldo

Your lack of faith in Bernardeschi cracking the starting lineup is disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)