Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (93 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
We have way too many midfielders, so far we have 7 players for 2-3 positions.

Keep: Pjanic, Can, Bentacur
Let go: Khedira, Marchisio, Matuidi, Sturaro
Buy: one of the SMS, Pogba, Vidal

Based on players available we could play with 2 or 3 midfielders.
Thats very good proposal, but we all know it wont happen. Sturaro`s agent said his future is outside Italy and thats good, because we`re getting rid of our weakest player (not just midfielder). The rest - Khedira said he`ll stay and is not leaving, Marchisio said he wants to stay and he probably will, and come Monday Matuidi will most likely be a World Champion, so if he doesnt put in a transfer request, we wont try to get rid of him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Thats very good proposal, but we all know it wont happen. Sturaro`s agent said his future is outside Italy and thats good, because we`re getting rid of our weakest player (not just midfielder). The rest - Khedira said he`ll stay and is not leaving, Marchisio said he wants to stay and he probably will, and come Monday Matuidi will most likely be a World Champion, so if he doesnt put in a transfer request, we wont try to get rid of him.
If they coach tells them theyre in on his plans then things will change and theyll find a team. We could get decent money from Matuidi and Khedira.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
If they coach tells them theyre in on his plans then things will change and theyll find a team. We could get decent money from Matuidi and Khedira.
Even that wont matter if they decide to do a Iaquinta or De Ceglie. I hope we offload one of them and replace him with a top player, but sadly dont see it happening...

Then again, a month ago didnt see us getting Cristiano fucking Ronaldo, so everything is possible, I guess... :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Why everyone wants Matuidi out?
hasnt been at his best lately, so fear of a sudden decline is there. he is strictly a LCM (and a makeshift LM), which would be the best position for SMS and/or Golovin, while Khedira can play on either side of Pjanic, so is better as a rotation player, even though Blaises motor is more useful in some games.

im not an xperd, but financially it makes more sense to sell him in 2019 and sell Khedira now, so cant be that

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
hasnt been at his best lately, so fear of a sudden decline is there. he is strictly a LCM (and a makeshift LM), which would be the best position for SMS and/or Golovin, while Khedira can play on either side of Pjanic, so is better as a rotation player, even though Blaises motor is more useful in some games.

im not an xperd, but financially it makes more sense to sell him in 2019 and sell Khedira now, so cant be that
Blaises motor is what we lacked in Cardiff imo.So he is definitely needed here even as a sub.Especially if he continues his world cup form.

For how much would we sell him?20-25 M?Doesn't worth it i think.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Blaises motor is what we lacked in Cardiff imo.So he is definitely needed here even as a sub.Especially if he continues his world cup form.

For how much would we sell him?20-25 M?Doesn't worth it i think.
when i mentioned that i would sell him a month or so ago, i was thinking we will get SMS (still might, who knows), and SMS/Matuidi is the same problem as DD has with Pogba/Matuidi. you have to move one out of his comfort zone, and it sure as hell wouldnt be one footed, technically limited Matuidi, who played his whole life on the left of a 3 man midfield. as a rotation player, he would be interesting. but how often do you play him? SMS is his competition. Khedira/Can could rotate with each other, and both could give SMS a rest if needed. and Matuidi to Pjanics right? cr7meh.gif

that is if we get SMS ofcourse. lets see who and if we get anyone from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)