Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
me neither XDDD
It's just that from our books we had a big surplus thx to CL final.
So I thought we could spend big on a player.
Instead we went for another super balanced mercato.

We paid Cuadrado-Benatia 20-17
We got Coman-Zaza for 21-16

Even signing Matuidi means we spend 20m this summer.
How is that fecking possible!??!
Meaning we wouldn't make any mercato without selling Bonucci?
Next summer it should be Alex sandro or dybala who would have to be sold to fund our mercato

Buy on AliExpress.com

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Vidal at one of milanese club would be nail in the coffin for me. Once Gigi retires i highly doubt I'd be as invested in football tbh
As much as I grumble I still watched us against Lazio and will definitely watch every fuckin game this year :D

I love this sport so much that I can't leave it. She'll never stop either so what can I do but keep watching although it kills me to see the state she's in?

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Doesn't it make you at all sad to see the disconnect between the game and the modern sport? The same game played by barefoot children with empty plastic bottles is also played out on the world stages in huge stadiums worldwide. That's beautiful.

Here I am in Uruguay and the best friends I have here are united by a love of football. It was the same with many of my best childhood friends back home. You can go anywhere on the planet and make some friends with a ball and a bit of space. This game is a true gift to our planet.

The grip of big business is distorting that idea to such an extent that even giants of the game both in terms of sporting achievement and financial backing such as Juventus can't compete.

It's exciting to watch but look at prices of tickets, jerseys even boots and footballs themselves. It gets uglier when you consider the salary of those who actually make those $100 shoes, and what they likely wear on their feet.

As I said above I can't help but watch but seeing a beautiful sport die. Can you honestly tell me you don't care at all?

Enviado desde mi SM-A300H mediante Tapatalk

.jef.

May 25, 2017
With Matuidi our Mercato goes back to 6, from 5 we dropped after Spinazzola, a starter for 20 mil is not bad job and if we change formation, this transfer would mean more...
If we keep this nonsense formation, it's imperative to get a CAM. And if we don't get a decent RB, that can defend, we will be forced to drop the 4 man defense and revert to 3 man defense formations.
This is of critical importance, this where Conte made the difference and turned us from #7 clowns, to uncontested champions!
Bernadeschi can play CAM. Why does nothing you post ever make sense?!

If we go to more three mid lineups I wouldn't be surprised if another one was brought in on top of Matuidi.
Bernadeschi might be able to play there (I know, I'm suggesting him for every position....).

Probably settling payments of previous players to keep our accounts in the black while still bringing in good reinforcements.

Sounds good to me to be honest, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a huge signing if I were you. :p
I wouldn't either. Maybe he's saving the money for a future war chest when Serie A finally starts becoming attractive again?

Apr 19, 2007
Doesn't it make you at all sad to see the disconnect between the game and the modern sport? The same game played by barefoot children with empty plastic bottles is also played out on the world stages in huge stadiums worldwide. That's beautiful.

Here I am in Uruguay and the best friends I have here are united by a love of football. It was the same with many of my best childhood friends back home. You can go anywhere on the planet and make some friends with a ball and a bit of space. This game is a true gift to our planet.

The grip of big business is distorting that idea to such an extent that even giants of the game both in terms of sporting achievement and financial backing such as Juventus can't compete.

It's exciting to watch but look at prices of tickets, jerseys even boots and footballs themselves. It gets uglier when you consider the salary of those who actually make those $100 shoes, and what they likely wear on their feet.

As I said above I can't help but watch but seeing a beautiful sport die. Can you honestly tell me you don't care at all?

Enviado desde mi SM-A300H mediante Tapatalk
Why is this killing the sport though? Air Jordans have been extorting the kids without money for forever but in the end anyone in America can play basketball. All you need is any form of ball and find a hoop. Same with soccer. It will always be played by the kids on the street. 300 $ or 120$ 10 years ago for top boots 10 years ago doesnt effect the kids playing in the streets in Brazil. Do you think Messi was good because he had the best cleats? Dont pay attention to the prices because in the end the money is being spent and at some point where do you want it to go to? It should go to the players and the clubs and thats where it seems to mostly be going. Ronaldo and Messi and Neymar deserve every penny they are making IMO

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Switching to a 4-3-3 now makes zero sense with the current squad... We have Pjaca, Mandzukic, Higuain, Dybala, Bernardeschi, Cuadrado, Douglas Costa and Kean... Unless we're selling/loaning out Kean & Cuadrado it ain't happening.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
There's been a dip in the squad performance, I guess there's also a dip in Marotta's performance as well when this is his time to shine, that goes for the rest of the office. Do they think it's vacation in the summer, just burrying their heads in the sand at the beach? While Meelan is catching all the babes in two peice bikinis. :frown2:
Based on one game :baus:

Oh, remind me what 'two peice bikini babe' milan signed that would be warming our bench at most except Bonucci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)