Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.jef.

May 25, 2017
But a team needs continuity allegri cannot perform miracles we needed to upgrade our midfield but we weakened our defence and strengthen our attack we definitely need nzonzi de vrij or manolas this season
I'm slightly too tired and drunk to think it through properly, but the rational part of my brain is trying to tell me we just had a sh!t game and these things happen.

I stand by my comment that what we had on the pitch should have been enough to win. There wasn't a single player in the starting lineup who wasn't with us last season, so there was definitely continuity. The side wasn't so different to what played a few times last year minus Bonucci.

I'm not going to criticise anyone about meltdowns, cos I'm halfway through one myself, but I still don't think we've learned all that much from this other than that we need a proper RB, cos I don't see one in the squad right now.

Kinda convinced me that the guys calling for a good CM are right too.

Perhaps Beppe's gonna pull 100 mil out his ass and get SMS and Keita, and Spinazzola will be Zambrotta reborn without the traitor gene. Perhaps I've just drunk too much.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I was joking. We'll get Caldara back next year and probably sign a freebie like de Vrij or Giménez.
Is Gimenez refusing extend at Atletico? Its kind of odd tbh. Atletico will loose a class player on a zero? Not the way they usually do their business, usually they sell on a profit.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18,245
    Is Gimenez refusing extend at Atletico? Its kind of odd tbh. Atletico will loose a class player on a zero? Not the way they usually do their business, usually they sell on a profit.
    it is odd. I hope it's not the club wary about his groin problems and it's just him wanting something new.

.jef.

May 25, 2017
    De Sciglio has been irrelevant for 3-4 years now. Licht, Barza, and De Sciglio as our options for RB looks so underwhelming right now; mid level Serie A team worthy.

We definitely need a CM tho. Our midfield was totally overrun, and will get destroyed in the CL, if we encounter physical teams that press hard and who possess experience. Mind you, Lazio were missing two players that could've really hurt us, Keita and Felipe Anderson.

I'm not ashamed to admit it, but I'm very envious of how Real Madrid look; down to 10 men after Ronaldo got sent off, Asensio scores a wonderful goal, and they add to their lead.
    Agreed.

It's sad, I really liked De Sciglio back in the day. Seems like he didn't just stall, but regressed with each passing year.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
    De Sciglio makes one mistake and now everyone's given up on him lol ok. Wasn't even a mistake. Just got beat. It happens. He will prove his worth. Watch.
    Come on mate!

Best players in the world make mistakes, but you can still see that they are great players, even on a bad Day.

De sciglio Will never be great, its so easy to see he is medicore. Forget the mistake - it can happen to the best!

He is a decent player, but we have raised the bar! My problem with him is he has nothing he is excelent at. He is not Quick as hell, he is not a dribler, he is not crosser , not a beast in defence. He can a little bit of everything - os this level you either need to bee very good a everything or one thing you are excelent at!

Just buy Cancelo!! Atleast he can attack!

Snobist

DareDevil
    Apr 16, 2017
    So far our net spending has been around 10m right?
    Can't we spend 100m this season and win CHL?
    Keita,
    Spina,
    CM,
    CB,
    Marotta do this for Buffon! Licht should be sent to Nice.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    one mistake? the guy has been utterly crap for years, there is a reason why he was benched at meelan and why they bought conti instead
    I don't care how he played for Milan surrounded by trash. There's also a reason he's been a regular with the national team. Always played well there. Was playing fine this preseason as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Spinazzola will start so whatever.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Him starting at NT proves absolutely nothing! His been fighting with darmian and Florenzi who is actually a cm.
    Florenzi is a winger actually. and he was doing a great job at fullback for both Roma and Azzurri. Darmian was a top fullback for years for Toro, which we were after too, until he caught interest from abroad with their EL campaign

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    Get Nzonzi already
    I don't know much about him......but if he is our number 1 option and we are hesitating because of the 40m asking price.....I think we should just stump up the money. I know I said its not a huge priority in other posts - but after watching the Super Cup, I think we just pay over for this guy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)