Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (115 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2007
Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri isn’t in a rush to replace Leo Bonucci - “we’re good the way we are”.

The centre-back joined Milan earlier this month in a shock €42m move, having won the League with the Bianconeri for six years in a row.

On Friday evening at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey; Allegri and new signing Mattia De Sciglio, who was officially presented, spoke to the media ahead of the International Champions Cup match with Barcelona.

Football Italia's Matthew Santangelo was live at the press conference, and asked the Juventus boss whether Bonucci’s departure would see a new face arrive in defence.

"I feel comfortable with a defence of four defenders,” Allegri replied.

“We have a solid squad. If there is the possibility with our mercato to strengthen our club, then fantastic. But if not, then we are good the way we are

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Griezmann Mbappè
Griez is a ready option.
Mbappè may be the next big thing in euro football
Anyway it's next summer for Dybala not this one.
Because if it's this summer we should throw rocks at this management.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Why have we all come to grips with the fact that Dybala will leave?

A) Is it the way the mgmt operates?
B) Serie a not big enough?
C) Juve not a big club by European standards?
D) It's a logical progresssion having won domestically? So no motivation?
E) Any other reason (please do specify)

The reason I ask this is, is there no legitimate reason for him to stay? He's on a relatively handsome wage, the centre of an ambitious project at a top 4 European club, and winning trophies every season. Why don't we have a reason to hold on to a player of his profile? The whole point of an assault on the CL is linked to giving continuity to our project in Europe so as to actually be there or thereabouts by the time Cr7 and Messi fade, or when those guys falter. Paolo is the kind of player who can carry that torch. When Tacchinardi talks about winning 5 CLs in the next decade and a half, you'd imagine it would be based on holding on to our best, who in many ways would equate with being some of the best in the world. It's a simple formula really. It's exasperating to think 120m is the price we would put on our ambitious dreams.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012

The reason I ask this is, is there no legitimate reason for him to stay? He's on a relatively handsome wage, the centre of an ambitious project at a top 4 European club, and winning trophies every season. Why don't we have a reason to hold on to a player of his profile? The whole point of an assault on the CL is linked to giving continuity to our project in Europe so as to actually be there or thereabouts by the time Cr7 and Messi fade, or when those guys falter. Paolo is the kind of player who can carry that torch. When Tacchinardi talks about winning 5 CLs in the next decade and a half, you'd imagine it would be based on holding on to our best, who in many ways would equate with being some of the best in the world. It's a simple formula really. It's exasperating to think 120m is the price we would put on our ambitious dreams.

Our transfer dealings have not shown ambition in winning the champions league. Yes, we can't get CR7 or Messi. But we are not even targeting the neymars and bales.

If I were Dybala, I would feel worrried by my club's ambition. I don't want to turn around and see khedira trying to play a useless pass to me in champions league game. I want to see modric floating a defense splitting ball right onto my feet.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Our transfer dealings have not shown ambition in winning the champions league. Yes, we can't get CR7 or Messi. But we are not even targeting the neymars and bales.

If I were Dybala, I would feel worrried by my club's ambition. I don't want to turn around and see khedira trying to play a useless pass to me in champions league game. I want to see modric floating a defense splitting ball right onto my feet.
rofl

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

If you want there are always reasons. We can laugh all we want but Barcelona is one of the biggest clubs in the world and has a better winning record with CLs. They do pay better salaries there. Even Bonucci doubled his salary by leaving Juve. If a club like Barcelona comes calling its hard to say no. He is not italian either so doesnt have family or other connections to desperately stay put in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)