Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (40 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Manolas agrees Juventus deal?
By Football Italia staff

Juventus have reportedly have an agreement in principle with Kostas Manolas, so they must now negotiate with Roma.

The Bianconeri sold Leonardo Bonucci to Milan earlier this month, leaving them a man short in central defence.

Manolas was on the verge of joining Zenit St Petersburg earlier this summer, but the deal collapsed due to a disagreement over wages.

The Lupi then declared that he was off the market, but SportItalia reports that the Greek international has a deal in principle with Juve.

Now the Turin giants must negotiate with Roma, and they’re said to be prepared to offer around €30m to sign Manolas.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Manolas agrees Juventus deal?
By Football Italia staff

Juventus have reportedly have an agreement in principle with Kostas Manolas, so they must now negotiate with Roma.

The Bianconeri sold Leonardo Bonucci to Milan earlier this month, leaving them a man short in central defence.

Manolas was on the verge of joining Zenit St Petersburg earlier this summer, but the deal collapsed due to a disagreement over wages.

The Lupi then declared that he was off the market, but SportItalia reports that the Greek international has a deal in principle with Juve.

Now the Turin giants must negotiate with Roma, and they’re said to be prepared to offer around €30m to sign Manolas.
Hope it's not true. We don't need to spend that kind of money on a CB

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I wonder if its because we are selling Cuads so we have the money to use in that department...sorta like an even steven trade in regards to value.
The extra funds would be better used on getting a quality CM imo.

We have Rugani - who imo is better than Manolas - and 3 other quality CBs. Waste of money and would reduce Rugani's playing time.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
How are Higuain and Mandzukic not enough?
Higuain is great even if he is a bit of a choker
Mandzukic isnt really a WC striker and honestly I think he has over performed at LW last season
If one is injured we dont even have a bench option...
We need a CF - Schick could be our CF but we can also go for others (or give Kean a chance..)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
To me this seems more like they arent trusting Benatia and Rugani is still young and inexperienced especially for big CL games and so on. I guess you could make a similar point for Manolas but hey, Pjanic hadnt exactly gotten Roma to semis in the CL and Manolas is serie a proven so he fits Marotta policy. I think its just very obvious that the management as a whole are too afraid about the lack of experience with guys like Rugani and Benatia has his injury issues as well, and in recent years so does Chiellini, so signing another CB makes sense. Manolas would settle in quite well cause he has played in italy for 3-4 years now and in Pjanic he has a familiar face here as well, so its hardly a gamble.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Higuain is great even if he is a bit of a choker
Mandzukic isnt really a WC striker and honestly I think he has over performed at LW last season
If one is injured we dont even have a bench option...
We need a CF - Schick could be our CF but we can also go for others (or give Kean a chance..)
That applies to other positions too... RB, LB, CAM, RW - if one is injured we don't have a bench option. You can't have 3 players for each position.

Not many (if any?) teams have a better back up CF than Mandzukic.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
We need another CB because right now all we have is Rugani and three old/injury prone players. Ffs we were starting evra at CB last season at one point and that was when we also had Bonucci. If we can afford Manolas go for it. Chiellini and Barzagli should be part time players at this point in their careers. Benatia can't be trusted as a full time starter either.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Manolas would be a great signing if true, similar to the acquisition of Pjanic. Young but experienced player ready to take a step up. Rugani can rotate with Chiellini.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
We have 4 perfectly adept CBs, but they all have a long history of injuries. Bonucci was the only one we could rely on in literally every game for the past 6 seasons, but we have lost that edge which is a shame. I think a valid option could be to go with our squad until January and see if we are in a bad position with injuries, and then bring in Caldara early or someone on loan.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Manolas has more experience, we rate experience more in the defensive area especially.
I guess Rugani will finally have enough experience in 5 years or so at this rate.

Seriously though, Rugani is no noob. He has some good number of Serie A games under his belt, and a few CL games. If he starts this season as a regular, by February next year he will have had more than enough of this precious experience.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
We have 4 perfectly adept CBs, but they all have a long history of injuries. Bonucci was the only one we could rely on in literally every game for the past 6 seasons, but we have lost that edge which is a shame. I think a valid option could be to go with our squad until January and see if we are in a bad position with injuries, and then bring in Caldara early or someone on loan.
Rugani has long history? :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

I guess Rugani will finally have enough experience in 5 years or so at this rate.

Seriously though, Rugani is no noob. He has some good number of Serie A games under his belt, and a few CL games. If he starts this season as a regular, by February next year he will have had more than enough of this precious experience.
To me this shows more that the management doesnt rate Benatia. That guy started when we got smashed by Genoa last season. And now he started aganst Barca and got smashed by Neymar. I dont trust Benatia either. Rugani is still 22. in 2 years time, he will be 24, then, in 2020 he might be starting regularly with Caldara. With Chiellini backup, Barzagli writing memories and Benatia going full time ramadan or smth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)