Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (63 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Bringing a top player has larger significance long-term. You switch from a club that sells most important players to a club that attracts them.

Best players these days want to go to Real, Barcelona and Bayern. We need to be among those.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
On a more serious note, if someone told me that in this mercato we would add Danilo (off form), Matuidi (over 30), Bernadeschi (unproven potential at 23) and Shick I wouldn't normally have a problem with that. The problem is those players are going to cost 120m which is insane notwithstanding high valuations.

Danilo - downgrade on Alves (may not have better options to be found)
Matuidi - Potentially a starter?
Bernadeschi - Potential but is already 23 and costs 45m and not an automatic starter
Shick - Great prospect at 31.

Of all of the above, Shick is the one I am most happy with to be fair. I hope I am wrong on the others.
:shocked: I'm ok with Schick, Berna, and Danilo. I'd rather we got Nzonzi, and then wrapped up a deal for Keita by the end of the mercato. If we manage to keep all our stars, and sell some of the deadwood, it'd be a solid 7 or even an 8 out of 10 mercato.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
:shocked: I'm ok with Schick, Berna, and Danilo. I'd rather we got Nzonzi, and then wrapped up a deal for Keita by the end of the mercato. If we manage to keep all our stars, and sell some of the deadwood, it'd be a solid 7 or even an 8 out of 10 mercato.
I agree, even if I always want and think we should aspire to a 10 mercato and not a 7-8..
Our last mercato was a 7 for me as we did get Pjanic and Higuain but we lost Pogba whos absence has definitely been felt..
I still think our best team of the last 6 years was the one in 2015 when we lost to Barca in the final - However it was impossible to keep Vidal Pirlo and Tevez so I definitely understand the whole change

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
The articles I can find says Bale has a wage of 16m Euro. Thats probably around 9m net. Higuain is around 7,5m. If we really made an effort we could manage that wage. However if Real decides to sell Bale I cant imagine us competing with the top EPL clubs for a British player.

As good as he is, he is injured half the year anyway.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The articles I can find says Bale has a wage of 16m Euro. Thats probably around 9m net. Higuain is around 7,5m. If we really made an effort we could manage that wage. However if Real decides to sell Bale I cant imagine us competing with the top EPL clubs for a British player.

As good as he is, he is injured half the year anyway.
He is close but he is not British... (Wales)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Looks like De Vrij doesn't want to renew his contract with Lazio. There are no offers for him yet but Lotito would want 30mln but nobody wants to offer it since his contract runs out next year. We're interested but it seems we'd take him for free next year.

Lotito wants him to sign at least a one year deal so he doesn't lose him for free. However, there's a problem with release clause in the new contract. His agent wants it to be 10mln euros while Lotito wants the clause to be 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)