Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
looking at the Rincon signing now from this perspective, he wasnt really necessary. when he was signed we were still using 352, so we needed an extra CM. right now that we have switched to 4231, we have Marchisio, Khedira and Pjanic, who are get most of the playing time in those positions, rotating for 2 spots + Lemina, Sturaro, Mandragora. if we assume that we will sign Tolisso in the summer, signing Rincon seems redundant. loaning someone like Gustavo with an option to buy and not use it later, would have made more sense

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt we're getting Kolasinac. We are heavily interested in Spinazzola and want to sign him as Sandro's backup.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus are working to find an agreement with Atalanta for the arrival of Spinazzola in the summer. [CM.it]
isnt Spinazzola someone that can play both sides in defense and midfield, as well as CM? this looks like a versatile rotation option to me, like Padoin, Asamoah or Mattiello, not necessarily the only backup for a position as important as LB, so I can see us getting both him and Kolasinac

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Mbappe can't be not on EPL radar. Next Martial kind of transfer - maybe Chelsea this time
Better then Martial, thats for damn sure. On another level Martial ever was.

I mean near 20 goals as 18 year old in february? Where many of those games is as a winger? Screams Henry lite in a way no one else has:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I just can't trust strikers who play in a team that goes full Zeman.
In what way do they go full zeman? They are more attacking this season, but Jardim is a balanced coach, used to be quite defensive even. Dont judge them on one crazy game vs Man City where all logic and tactics went out the window, it just became about exchanging blows.

More importantly, in what way does that make you not trust the talent of someone who is shouting I'm here and I'm the real deal, usually wingers develop into FW and box threat level CFs as they mature and develop with age, but this kid is already natural at it and is quite really decisive in his goals and assists in most occasions, thats despite him being so inexperienced as heck.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Monaco 2nd best defense in Ligue 1 behind PSG. 24 goals conceded to PSG's 18. In no way are they are full Zeman team especially under a tactically astute coach like Jardim.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So you are saying six moths at Juve and the to Arsenal.
I knew someone would make that joke :D

We are actually finally playing the kind of football that would suit this level of talent, would be big coup to get him. But for sure will cost more then Henry cost us. Henry was still in a limbo between winger or FW when he was like 3-4 years older then this guy (didnt even believe himself he could play in attack). While this kid transitioned to become a deadly FW in the drop of a hat from the wing.

Jun 6, 2015
I knew someone would make that joke :D

We are actually finally playing the kind of football that would suit this level of talent, would be big coup to get him. But for sure will cost more then Henry cost us. Henry was still in a limbo between winger or FW when he was like 3-4 years older then this guy (didnt even believe himself he could play in attack). While this kid transitioned to become a deadly FW in the drop of a hat from the wing.
It's crazy how many of these kind of players France is producing at the moment.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's crazy how many of these kind of players France is producing at the moment.
Yep, and him and Dembele are legit because they really punish teams cutting in. Martial does decent numbers but is too erratic and emotional in his play. While Coman can blow past anyone but his game is too hinged on being traditional winger who needs space wide, his ability to cut in isnt all that.

But yeah its good times for the French indeed. I didnt think another team would outdo Dembele's crazy good debute season of just last year, but Mbappe just decided I will go from the stage of raw skillfull talent to full blown impact player like nothing. 17 goals and 9 assists from wing position in february is kinda silly for any age, let alone at 18.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Rodrigo Bentancur is expected to be in Turin in the coming hours to undergo his medical tests. [Sky]

Has such a Marchisio face doesn't he

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)