Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (50 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
First of all we shouldn't be selling Alves. Period. He's on contract for a year more. I say we keep him and let him move on freely next summer. Better that then dealing with a sale for practically nothing anyway. How much would we make here? 5m? He's a quality player still, id rather we keep him and allow him to move on next year for nothing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I want quality. I don't regret us buying Pogba who provided quality here and then selling him for insane amount of money. As long as the investment is smart.

I don't want to tie myself to players. I wouldn't mind us getting Donnarumma and then selling him for over 70mln in the future. No matter how good he might become he can be replaced. If the investment is smart then we can only get better.
i don't mind selling pogba for a world record fee. what i do mind is not properly replacing our best players.

if it wasn't for allegri's tactical flexibility, we could have lost the league this year. i was impressed with most of beppe's transfers until '15, but the last 2 summer windows were meh (look at our midfield, pjanic was our only unquestionably good signing, while we lost 3 wc players). we need both quality and consistency or allegri will have to rebuild our football every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)