Summer Mercato season 2024-25 (86 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Would be nice if we could insert buyback clauses for both. I get the uncomfortable feeling that they might both might do really well outside of the goldfish bowl.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I would keep Miretti or just loan out. Agreed on buyback for Barrenchea. We don't have good track record of selling our youngsters to Genoa lol.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

How is his injury record these days?

I think we should take a chance on him

I don't want to see Raguni or Gatti be our first choice starting CB

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I was thinking about this yesterday actually. But he came out saying he has concussion issues, so not sure how that will impact his performances. If healthy he could do very well in Italy.

Sell Bremer for 70M, buy Calafiori for 30M + a player, sign Varane for free, invest the 40M in midfield. Could work wonders.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw a rumor Kephren could be available for 15M Euros. Another must sign.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I was thinking about this yesterday actually. But he came out saying he has concussion issues, so not sure how that will impact his performances. If healthy he could do very well in Italy.

Sell Bremer for 70M, buy Calafiori for 30M + a player, sign Varane for free, invest the 40M in midfield. Could work wonders.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw a rumor Kephren could be available for 15M Euros. Another must sign.
Or... keep Bremer add Varane and actually have two proper CBs
Unless Bremer wants to leave we should extend and make his release clause stand at 80M.
Calafiori might be good I dont know him but Varane could do well with Bremer

Midfield sell whoever we can and rebuild it. Rabiot has on and offs and I dont trust McK to have another good season.
Fagioli and Miretti are sub material for now although Motta makes me wonder about Miretti.
Keep Soule or use the money to get a winger.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Or... keep Bremer add Varane and actually have two proper CBs
Unless Bremer wants to leave we should extend and make his release clause stand at 80M.
Calafiori might be good I dont know him but Varane could do well with Bremer

Midfield sell whoever we can and rebuild it. Rabiot has on and offs and I dont trust McK to have another good season.
Fagioli and Miretti are sub material for now although Motta makes me wonder about Miretti.
Keep Soule or use the money to get a winger.
>add Varane
>have ... proper CBs

:wat:

- - - Updated - - -

whatyearisthis.gif

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Varane is probably the most injury prone top CB in the history of the sport.

Check how many games he been available for Man U past 2 seasons. And he spent like half a decade back and forth injured for Real.

Literally the last CB we should get. Quality, but hardly ever available. He is about to retire young most likely. He been advocating for years footballers play too much games, and partly blamed his injuries on it.

We gonna play 65 games next season it looks like. Not ideal club for him.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Good player and you can see United were better when he plays but his injury record and salary is outside of where we should be looking. Total pass. He'll probably go to Saudi etc.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Varane is probably the most injury prone top CB in the history of the sport.

Check how many games he been available for Man U past 2 seasons. And he spent like half a decade back and forth injured for Real.

Literally the last CB we should get. Quality, but hardly ever available. He is about to retire young most likely. He been advocating for years footballers play too much games, and partly blamed his injuries on it.

We gonna play 65 games next season it looks like. Not ideal club for him.
2021–22 Premier League 22
2022–23 Premier League 24
2023–24 Premier League 21

I mean, that's not that bad. That's actually one more league appearance more than Chiesa the last three years. :seven:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 59)