Summer Mercato season 2024-25 (53 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm looking at 2024 free agents as we supposedly have little money.

I'd take either Kroos or Modric on a 1+1 deal, short term big jump in quality and could teach the likes of Fagioli and Miretti a lot.

If we're looking for a second keeper I see worse than Meret for free.

Not a big fan of Jorginho but it depends if he is coached in a specific way and role he can do a good job.

Then you start getting into the flops, the crocks and the never-weres.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We don't need be big fans of him, but as short term vet freebies deal in a young team with little funds, Jorginho could be an astute signing. He would suprise some of you who are reacting like he is the worst player. I watch most Arsenal games and he is pretty much almost allways very good for them.

If it was Allegri system I would say no needs more of a battler then organiser. But for a possession based coach like Motta, Jorginho could be quite a dictating stabiliser for them.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
We don't need be big fans of him, but as short term vet freebies deal in a young team with little funds, Jorginho could be an astute signing. He would suprise some of you who are reacting like he is the worst player. I watch most Arsenal games and he is pretty much almost allways very good for them.

If it was Allegri system I would say no needs more of a battler then organiser. But for a possession based coach like Motta, Jorginho could be quite a dictating stabiliser for them.
The key with all of these deals is the length of the contract really. I'm not a huge fan of Jorginho, but if it's a short contract then no problem.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm assuming Jorginho would sit deeper and Locatelli will finally be "unlocked" in a 4-2-3-1 that Motta likes to field. I'm not a big fan of him but a free transfer on decent wages isn't that bad I guess. This dude was always destined to join us.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Greenwood?
Jorginho?

oh boy… it’s one of those days isn’t?

:claire:
I wish greenwood wasn’t a shitty human/borderline criminal because he’s really good.

I think the midfield is getting a makeover. Rabiot won’t be back. I think McKennie will be sold. Hans and Miretti loaned/sold, and Alcaraz returned. They may keep Barrenechea just out of necessity, but I think he’s good enough to be a squad player at least.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 36)