Summer mercato 2021-22 (166 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Pjanic would make our mid a lot better. He could do his thing while other (brainlessly) run around.

Seeing how horrible our midfield is, I wouldn't be against that signing. I'd rather have him on loan for 1 year then buy another mediocre player on 4 year deal who sticks with us like our current garbage.
Dry loan for Pjanic would be a decent band-aid for this season. Pjanic on one leg would be better than Bentancur or Rabiot.

OmriK

Jul 23, 2006
@Dostoevsky
Couldn't agree more - the fact the Pjanic is an upgrade for us is a certificate of shame for our squad and last year's Mercato management.

We have a lot of holes in the squad. RB and LB positions are not optimal to say the least, and we're also short on an LW in my opnion.
although I believe these positions are out of hand for this year, I hope we can at least bring a decent DM. I guess Pjanic is our 'best' option.
(Obviously, in an ideal world we would replace almost our entire midfield - but that's not happening)

singus

Sep 22, 2020
I would be careful in wishing Pjanic back. If I remember correctly, he started to get benched by the useless likes of Rabiot and Bentancur. So to say that it is a fact that he is an upgrade, is a bit of a stretch I would say. I wouldnt bet on that myself.
He barely cant run anymore I guess, cant tackle, his last known trademark was backpassing and standing on a line between Chiellini and Bonucci not sure what to do next.

I get it that we as fans cant spend weeks looking into actual alternatives, but how come every other team in Serie A and the other top 5 leagues, with ease can find decent to top midfielders season after season. Why must we resort to an old list of players who played for our team in the last 5 years? Dont we have scouts? Dont we watch football in our club?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I would be careful in wishing Pjanic back. If I remember correctly, he started to get benched by the useless likes of Rabiot and Bentancur. So to say that it is a fact that he is an upgrade, is a bit of a stretch I would say. I wouldnt bet on that myself.
He barely cant run anymore I guess, cant tackle, his last known trademark was backpassing and standing on a line between Chiellini and Bonucci not sure what to do next.

I get it that we as fans cant spend weeks looking into actual alternatives, but how come every other team in Serie A and the other top 5 leagues, with ease can find decent to top midfielders season after season. Why must we resort to an old list of players who played for our team in the last 5 years? Dont we have scouts? Dont we watch football in our club?
We are saving money for next season

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I think it is looking increasingly important to spend some now.

Top 4 is a genuine risk this season again.
Again not in favour of panic buys next season with Pogba haaland and Vlahovic available we will definitely do well

- - - Updated - - -

Why we dont go for Ruben Neves ? he is young, and they actually said he available for 30m
Mendes wanted Neves Ramsey swap deal but Ramsey rejected it as he wants to honour his contract

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Again not in favour of panic buys next season with Pogba haaland and Vlahovic available we will definitely do well

- - - Updated - - -

Mendes wanted Neves Ramsey swap deal but Ramsey rejected it as he wants to honour his contract
Can we afford to run the risk of relying on the current squad to put us in a position to sign these sorts of players next season?

I think absolutely not.

If we stick with what we have right now, we have more chance of doing an Arsenal and having years of mediocrity.

Can we also stop being delusional about signing Pogba or Haaland? Vlahovic is going to be a push as it is.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Can we afford to run the risk of relying on the current squad to put us in a position to sign these sorts of players next season?

I think absolutely not.

If we stick with what we have right now, we have more chance of doing an Arsenal and having years of mediocrity.

Can we also stop being delusional about signing Pogba or Haaland? Vlahovic is going to be a push as it is.
Yes but who is available Pjanic who has been declining for the past couple of seasons or Icardi who will come with a loan plus obligation type of deal this is not right time to have panic buys

rainhard

May 5, 2004

- - - Updated - - -

Right we can't sell our deadwood so no place for new player with another big salary
We actually can just buy Neves without put Ramsey in the deal , but our overflow of mediocre midfielder is the problem

then again, all this talk about Witsel and Pjanic, why we dont just buy Neves ?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Right we can't sell our deadwood so no place for new player with another big salary
We actually can just buy Neves without put Ramsey in the deal , but our overflow of mediocre midfielder is the problem

We are saving money for next season as this will be a transition season

- - - Updated - - -

For what it’s worth it; VS guru saying they’re were after a CM from Monaco, probably Tchouameni.
Is he the same guru who said we bid for Vlahovic 55 million euros plus 20 million euros bonus

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juve will make an attempt for Icardi in the next few hours, at the moment I think he is the number one target for the attack. It's difficult, but they will try.(Morik_92)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007

Exactly, there are plenty of options if we put our minds to it. There’s no need to swim around like scavengers picking up other club’s deadwood because it’s an easy buy.

It’s not saying we have the ability/time to go for unrealistic targets, but if we wanted to get a decent international player with potential we should certainly be able to deal with the likes of Wolves and Monaco.

Hell, we may as well put in a bid for Xhaka who can at least show some fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 159)