Summer mercato 2021-22 (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Whats with the Icardi hate around these parts?

Halland or Mbappe aren’t coming here. Milik is subpar. Id love Vlahovic but that seems to have cooled off a bit. Icardi is the one who makes all the sense.

He’s a difficult character and Wanda doesn’t make things easier, but there aren’t that many cheaper options out there. Atleast with Icardi you get someone who is a proven, experienced goal scorer.

Let’s not ignore his ability infront of goal due to his issue off the pitch. It’s a risk worth taking i think. Maybe do a loan with no obligation at first?

You all will love that hattrick he will score vs Inter and then celebrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed.

Jun 16, 2020
Whats with the Icardi hate around these parts?

Halland or Mbappe aren’t coming here. Milik is subpar. Id love Vlahovic but that seems to have cooled off a bit. Icardi is the one who makes all the sense.

He’s a difficult character and Wanda doesn’t make things easier, but there aren’t that many cheaper options out there. Atleast with Icardi you get someone who is a proven, experienced goal scorer.

Let’s not ignore his ability infront of goal due to his issue off the pitch. It’s a risk worth taking i think. Maybe do a loan with no obligation at first?

You all will love that hattrick he will score vs Inter and then celebrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we buy Icardi, PSG has to pay Inter a fine of 15m, so we’d indirectly sponsor their mercato.

In terms of characteristics, he isn’t the most exciting striker. He a good finisher and has nice positioning, that’s about it. Technical not great, passing nothing special, isn’t a player who holds up the ball or who defends a lot. Neither doesn’t have a nice dribble. Basically a modern day Inzaghi, without the special toch that Inzaghi had.

I think that he doesn’t fit the profile we should be searching for. Will probably come for a high price, will hit 29 next season so not much resale value and a high salary aswel.

The only positive thing is Wanda.

There are definitely better options on the market. He doesn’t seem like a striker that Max would use a lot.

Jun 16, 2020
Really? Who are those better options? Scamacca?
I consider Muriel already as a better option. Don’t forget Icardi is on a ~6m salary. Vlahovic should be the number one target tho.

I always kinda dislike these posts. You make it sound like Icardi is our only option, there’s a world full of football players, surely a rich club like this one should have more on their shortlist than Icardi.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The stats are not showing this
Morata: Serie A - 95 games and 26 goals, Primera - 112 games and 43 goals.
Icardi : Serie A - 219 games and 124 goals, Ligue 1 - 40 games and 19 goals.
assist? versatility? tactical intelligence? workrate? personality? speed? dribbling? efficiency in counters?

also don't compare morata at juve to morata at anywhere else. he loves playing here.

icardi has been meh for 3 seasons. he's a one dimensional finisher, nothing else.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Icardi is finished, even Kean starts ahead of him at PSG, I wanted him here before, bit now we must stay away from him!

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I consider Muriel already as a better option. Don’t forget Icardi is on a ~6m salary. Vlahovic should be the number one target tho.

I always kinda dislike these posts. You make it sound like Icardi is our only option, there’s a world full of football players, surely a rich club like this one should have more on their shortlist than Icardi.
On paper a player like Vlahovic would be the best solution if we could make a gamble with 60 mil euro. Can we though?

Another thing is that Icardi would help us find a solution with CR7. In a sense we are hitting two birds with one stone.

I hope our management is more rational than emotional on this matter and take the best decision. People here are too much in their feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

assist? versatility? tactical intelligence? workrate? personality? speed? dribbling? efficiency in counters?

also don't compare morata at juve to morata at anywhere else. he loves playing here.

icardi has been meh for 3 seasons. he's a one dimensional finisher, nothing else.
Morata has been terrible this season except the first 2 months.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Icardi is finished, even Kean starts ahead of him at PSG, I wanted him here before, bit now we must stay away from him!
Finished? He's 28. He has at least 4-5 more good seasons in him. His track record is insane and if he was return to Italy he's a sure banger of 25+ goals in a season. He sure does have a whore wife but who the fuck cares, he'd be here to deliver performances and imo having him with Chiesa and Cuadrado on the side would be insane.

I wouldn't mind gambling on Vlahovic, though. I'm a bit sceptical about him but I'd probably give it a go.

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
Morata has been terrible this season except the first 2 months.
The guy scored 20 goals and assisted 12 times this season. It's funny you mention feelings and then you say that about Morata.

Icardi is also as one dimensional as they come. Morata at least is able to assist in the build up, open up space for other attackers and provide assists. Icardi is a finished finisher.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
The guy scored 20 goals and assisted 12 times this season. It's funny you mention feelings and then you say that about Morata.

Icardi is also as one dimensional as they come. Morata at least is able to assist in the build up, open up space for other attackers and provide assists. Icardi is a finished finisher.
In Serie A Icardi has a great score per game ratio. Morata in 2021 for Juventus has scored 7 times and done 4 assists in Serie A for 21 games which obviously is not good enough for a striker evaluated at around 70 mil euro. Before that in 2020 he had 4 goals and 6 assists in 11 games in Serie A which was good.

I like Morata too, but he is not the goal scoring machine we need as a main 9.

Icardi is definitely not my first choice for a striker. I could easily name 5 better options but all of them are unattainable at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)