Summer mercato 2021-22 (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What if hypothetically speaking, selling Ronaldo means bringing in Haaland?
It looks great on paper but I wouldn't expect him to score as many as Ronaldo does in this team. So many of Håland's goals are scored from low crosses coming in from wide areas to him in the area. He's also good playing in off the last man, especially on counters, but we don't do a lot of that either because we rarely have a link man available. This team doesn't play to his strengths.

It's really chalk and cheese playing for Dortmund in the Bundesliga and this Juve in Serie A. But having said that, alongside Mbappé he's the premier young forward in football and you'd want someone of his level to replace someone like Ronaldo. With him you get the next best thing, you get quality, years, resale value. You don't replace Ronaldo directly, I think that's obvious enough for anyone, but the team needs to be built better and if you are going to sign Håland you need to add a left back who can beat his man and wide players to get the ball into the box. In this Juve he'd spend the game having to hold the ball up and roll defenders like Morata does - which he can do well - or getting onto the end of the odd Cuadrado cross. You'd need Cuads, Chiesa, and, dare I say it, Bernardeschi (or equivalent) getting into positions for a cross or cut back. But without a player to control the midfield and win the ball and a real creative #8 he'd suffer the same as our other strikers do in going against a set wall of defenders with slow build up and lack of width. He's a force of nature who needs a yard to play into, like an awkward, galloping horse with a hammer shot.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It's a really good strain - it's called "Real Talk." Maybe you should try it. It's definitely better than the "Hater's Delusion" batch you're currently puffing.
If you're not careful, you might end up getting that "Nasty Ban" strain. No one wants that.
Not saying we should or we shouldnt do it but I am saying there is some reason in what you say as even if Ronaldo scores 90% of our goals - We would be better with a CF who knows how to do his job as Ronaldo takes the play on him and sometimes he slowing us down.
With Halland not getting the over-credit Ronaldo receives the team will play a more team game therefore our gameplay will improve.

Also Ronaldo is great from marketing purposes and it could be a hit even if the 30M of wages weigh on us as well.

Dybala - There is some question regarding him - Is he going to be the one we hope he can or not - I personally think that in order for Dybala to really shine, he needs an attacking coach who also knows how to create opportunities - For example I think Gasperini would be perfect for Dybala and he would be his improved Gomez.

Other coaches - It would be better to part ways as Dybala wouldnt play the role he needs to and will underperform.
Dybala has been closest to what we want him to be under Sarri who has been our most attacking coach up until now and he won an MVP - I think there is a lot more to come from Dybala if we get the right coach.

The question is are we going to waste time with Pirlo or do we have someone in mind?

I think the list is pretty predictable with Gasperini Inzaghi and depends on his Real adventure - Zidane.
I expect Zidane to win the race if he is available and if not him I expect Inzaghi.

Personally I think Gasperini is probably the best fit even if I like both Zidane and Inzaghi style of play more than I like Gasperini`s

- - - Updated - - -

We were a better team when Dybala was the main player.

With Dybala out injured, we are on our way to losing our first scudetto in a decade.

That’s the harsh truth.
Not exactly.
Allegri days - We were the best team by far and won. midfield started not to work in the final year
Sarri days - Ronaldo was here but Dybala actually got named Calcio MVP (IIRC)
Pirlo days - We look better defensively IMO but our attacking play is not attacking enough as not creating enough chances. Despite our team being better in terms of players both injuries and incompetent coach made their mark.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
way i see it we won't see a major overhaul until some players are off the wage bill in 2022. DS, Berna, Costa,Pjaca, Rugani ( his expiress 2023 sell for cash but would keep if chiellini retires) and maybe Ronaldo depending on what happens with him.

problem is no one wants to pay for them in cash since they suck (Ronaldo aside) and their wages too high. and this was before covid which made finances worse.

so don't expect some fantasy overhaul like this is a videogame, people.

so what can we hope for?

forget about expensive mids like pogba or Halland. what we will do is go for much cheaper signings. so be ready for Locatelli and maybe Aouar. two players we could maybe use loans + obligation to purchase to extend financing and give us breathing room for accounting department. and maybe return of pellegrini and a free striker to have more depth.

this to me is a realistic market. don't expect a new RB a new Left back or anything more than a midfielder or two.

@Alen @Boksic @JuveJay @Cerval @Post Ironic thoughts

Last edited:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Big call on ronaldo to leave...but understand both scenarios in terms of keeping or selling. For me id only let him leave if it involved him in a swap deal for a younger star who would improve us overnight.

Or we can keep him offload the deadweight buy two quality midfielders bring in an experienced manager and be back to winning ways.

I prefer the latter.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
ok some of you guys need to stop asking for haaland.

having haaland, kulu, cuadrado, woj, and chiellini in club is just too much ugly. way more ugly then we as fans deserve.

i need you all to do your duty and start recommending hamsum players

Strickland

May 17, 2019

having haaland, kulu, cuadrado, woj, and chiellini in club is just too much ugly. way more ugly then we as fans deserve.

di Maria's contract runs out this summer :p

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
No thanks to Håland. I still believe he will fail at a real top club.

- - - Updated - - -

:ghey:

Last edited:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Everyone needs to get on the same page or people need to go
We have management pulling in different directions, one wanted Conte, one wanted Sarri, Agnelli wanted to keep Max.

A complete lack of cohesive planning has cost us, we heard the 'squad is competitive and hard to improve' narrative far too often and now we are left with a poorly put together squad.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
So you want me to suck his nuts, just because everyone else is doing it?

You people are hyping him up as the next CR7, can I ask what has he achieved so far???
Beating almost every goal scorer record in Europe should count for something, doesn't it?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

Don't know about the source but won't be surprised if true. Tici loves recruiting pussyfags. Flair and fancy but no personality and giant pussies to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)