Summer mercato 2021-22 (68 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Not related to transfers or directly to football but I heard some of our fans put a sign of Forza Eitan in a children hospital in Reggina (the only survivor from the incident in Italy).
Thats a nice thing on their part. Do we know these fans by any chance?

- - - Updated - - -

First of all we actually need money.
After that we can dream of SMS Pogba or other high profile players.
Well if Ronaldo leaves Pogba or SMS could definitely arrive. Im pretty sure he is gone but the question is - Will he accept Man Utd? If its PSG its more difficult although not impossible.
Also getting into CL might helped our cause.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
If Ronaldo is to leave, use the funds to acquire SMS. Splash the cash on Locatelli this summer, maybe include some primavera to lower the price then lure in Pogba on a free next year. Midfield sorted.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If Ronaldo is to leave, use the funds to acquire SMS. Splash the cash on Locatelli this summer, maybe include some primavera to lower the price then lure in Pogba on a free next year. Midfield sorted.
The main problem is that he`ll probably be used in a swap deal and not many teams want him due to his age.
PSG might still want him but the only one I could think of is Icardi and thankfully he distanced himself from the move.
Man Utd - This is the perfect club to trade with as they have Pogba who also wants out according to reports and we all know Allegri likes him.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
The main problem is that he`ll probably be used in a swap deal and not many teams want him due to his age.
PSG might still want him but the only one I could think of is Icardi and thankfully he distanced himself from the move.
Man Utd - This is the perfect club to trade with as they have Pogba who also wants out according to reports and we all know Allegri likes him.
Personally I just think swapping Ronaldo for Pogba is a waste of funds given that he'll be on a free next year. We could get two quality mids for the price of one essentially. SMS would cost somewhere around 70m which is roughly how much Ronaldo would go for (taking wages into account). But yes Covid has restricted clubs financially so trade deals like Ronaldo-Pogba are unfortunately more realistic at this time

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
The only problem (or in this case a good thing) is there is now way in two lives Glazers are paying his salary. Even if CR was to reduce his demands to let's say 40-50m gross (which I think even 50m is low but ok) they are not paying that. No chance.

PSG maybe if Mbappe leaves, but I am not sure how much Ronaldo would want to go there honestly. With everything I still think he chooses us over PSG. And PSG just gave Neymar the same salary Ronaldo has with us. Can they really afford to pay 2 players 100m in wages? All rumors so far suggest they want to redeem Kean and get two fullbacks (Hakimi and Theo Hernandez) which would cost them 150m plus all together.

Maybe it's wishful thinking but I still struggle to see who is paying that for Ronaldo at 36. I really don't see it.

And in any exchange we'd have to add a ton of money on top of CR.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The only problem (or in this case a good thing) is there is now way in two lives Glazers are paying his salary. Even if CR was to reduce his demands to let's say 40-50m gross (which I think even 50m is low but ok) they are not paying that. No chance.

PSG maybe if Mbappe leaves, but I am not sure how much Ronaldo would want to go there honestly. With everything I still think he chooses us over PSG. And PSG just gave Neymar the same salary Ronaldo has with us. Can they really afford to pay 2 players 100m in wages? All rumors so far suggest they want to redeem Kean and get two fullbacks (Hakimi and Theo Hernandez) which would cost them 150m plus all together.

Maybe it's wishful thinking but I still struggle to see who is paying that for Ronaldo at 36. I really don't see it.

And in any exchange we'd have to add a ton of money on top of CR.
Pogba is one year away from being a free transfer so I dont know if a ton of money is needed.
Also dont they have a meh GK? Maybe a Woj+Ronaldo for Pogba fits their agenda

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Pogba is one year away from being a free transfer so I dont know if a ton of money is needed.
Also dont they have a meh GK? Maybe a Woj+Ronaldo for Pogba fits their agenda
They have DDG who's on over 20m gross. Nobody is taking on that contract. And Henderson who's their academy product and took over the 1st GK job during the season.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Personally I just think swapping Ronaldo for Pogba is a waste of funds given that he'll be on a free next year. We could get two quality mids for the price of one essentially. SMS would cost somewhere around 70m which is roughly how much Ronaldo would go for (taking wages into account). But yes Covid has restricted clubs financially so trade deals like Ronaldo-Pogba are unfortunately more realistic at this time
Ronaldo will be free as well next season so I'm not sure what's the big difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)