Summer mercato 2015 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Cuadrado has been $#@!ty for Fiorentina too in 14/15
But how many people have actually said anything about Cuadrado being a bad deal? It's a cheap loan for a potentially good player. They're just using it to suit their ridiculous narrative about people complaining about every deal which not a single person has done, not even Cronios or Turk.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Agresti saying we are pushing for Hernanes :tuttosport: :shifty:

#Juventus-#Hernanes: prosegue bene la trattativa. Tutte le parti sono disponibili a chiudere, si ragiona su prezzo e modalità. @GoalItalia

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Sooooooo

Tevez and Llorente out for basically nothing.

Mandzukic and Zaza in for roughly 38M euros.

Vidal out

Khedira replacing him

Coman out

Hernanes in

Nope, can't even try and pretend that's not pathetic business in my most optimistic of moods

At least Dybala and Alex Sandro should prove to be fantastic in the future. But overall we just fucked ourselves real good without any sort of plan.

jeffever

Jun 3, 2010
I don't post here, but I read this thread regularly. It's getting damn near impossible to read this though. The way people overreact is embarrassing. People throw around numbers like they know exact details of negotiations. Where have you gotten all of these details? From the same media that reported Aguero was a done deal. Dzeko was a done deal. RVP was a done deal. Draxler was a done deal. So these people were wrong on all of this, but they know exact details of the negotiations? No.

Then you crucify people that defend this mercato.

To me, the reality of this situation is clear. Last summer Conte wanted to rebuild with a younger team. Management didn't, so he left. Juve made the CL final, which meant a huge financial windfall. Older players like Tevez and Pirlo wanted to leave. They realized that this team's cycle was over. They could not improve on last season's results.

That made this summer the perfect time to start the revolution of the team. They had a huge influx of $. The team was getting old and needed to refresh.

People assume that they could've gotten more $ for Vidal. How do you know that? Juve has had issues with his character since he's been here. He spent last season recovering from a major knee injury. He had a down year last season. He blew up in the CL final. During the copa america, he got popped for DUI. They got a major offer for him and he wanted to leave, so they took it. That's probably a wise decision. If they kept him for another season, do they get more $ for him when he's a year older and they have concerns over his previous issues? Again, this was the perfect time to move on from him.

They decided to refresh the team now. They do it now before Roma has a completed stadium and the means to compete financially with them. That way, they can stay competitive while they rebuild. They don't drop down to the EL or worse. They still have a chance to compete.

Are they a better team this season? No they aren't and they know it. Are they good enough to compete for the scudetto and the final 16 of the CL? Absolutely. And that's okay. The kids gain a valuable year of experience and the hope is they continue to progress.

Is every move going to work out? No. Of course not. Does the Zaza deal like like good business? No. My guess is there was some type of obligation to purchase him. Not to mention that they were probably able to stretch the payments over a number of years rather than paying a slightly smaller fee completely upfront.

That seems like the plan to me. No guarantee that it works but it looks to me that the future is much brighter than it was a year ago. It's about continued and prolonged success rather than trying to recreate a season of great over-achievement. It may be a little bumpy along the way, but they believe this is the best way forward.

They knew this was a necessity and things broke right to set them up to do this with more financial power than they expected.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So 1 or 2 people call Cuadrado a lousy deal and all of sudden it's half the forum?
But how many people have actually said anything about Cuadrado being a bad deal? It's a cheap loan for a potentially good player. They're just using it to suit their ridiculous narrative about people complaining about every deal which not a single person has done, not even Cronios or Turk.
:claire:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Cuadrado is as bad of a deal as grabbing a handful of free niblets at the supermarket

You take it because it's there but if you want to eat your fill you'll have buy something real

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I don't post here, but I read this thread regularly. It's getting damn near impossible to read this though. The way people overreact is embarrassing. People throw around numbers like they know exact details of negotiations. Where have you gotten all of these details? From the same media that reported Aguero was a done deal. Dzeko was a done deal. RVP was a done deal. Drawler was a done deal. So these people were wrong on all of this, but they know exact details of the negotiations? No.

Then you crucify people that defend this mercato.

To me, the reality of this situation is clear. Last summer Conte wanted to rebuild with a younger team. Management didn't, so he left. Juve made the CL final, which meant a huge financial windfall. Older players like Tevez and Pirlo wanted to leave. They realized that this team's cycle was over. They could not improve on last season's results.

That made this summer the perfect time to start the revolution of the team. They had a huge influx of $. The team was getting old and needed to refresh.

People assume that they could've gotten more $ for Vidal. How do you know that? Juve has had issues with his character since he's been here. He spent last season recovering from a major knee injury. He had a down year last season. He blew up in the CL final. During the copa america, he got popped for DUI. They got a major offer for him and he wanted to leave, so they took it. That's probably a wise decision. If they kept him for another eason, do they get more $ for him when he's a year older and they have concerns over his previous issues? Again, this was the perfect time to move on from him.

They decided to refresh the team now. They do it now before Roma has a completed stadium and the means to compete financially with them. That way, they can stay competitive while they rebuild. They don't drop down to the EL or worse. They still have a chance to compete.

Are they a better team this season? Nether aren't and they know it. Are they good enough to compete for the scouted and the final 16 of the CL? Absolutely. And that's okay. The kids gain a valuable year of experience and the hope is they continue to progress.

Is every move going to work out? No. Of course not. Does the Zaza deal like like good business? No. My guess is there was some type of obligation to purchase him. Not to mention that they were probably able to stretch the payments over a number of years rather than paying a slightly smaller fee completely upfront.

That seems like the plan to me. No guarantee that it works but it looks to me that the future is much brighter than it was a year ago. It's about continued and prolonged success rather than trying to recreate a season of great over-achievement. It may be a little bumpy along the way, but they believe this is the best way forward.

They knew this was a necessity and things broke right to set them up to do this with more financial power than they expected.
:boss::boss::boss::boss::boss::boss:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Some fair points there, but also too much optimism and glossing over the fact that we sold our best player from the Conte era and didn't 'rebuild' or start a new cycle. We flat out replaced him with an injury prone free agent.

Zaza deal was pathetic, not going to elaborate on that. We all know it.

Mandzukic even if he does get service and start banging in the goals was not a signing for the future. He's not exactly a young gun.

There is no excuse, and no reason to ever sell your best players at Juventus, especially with all the cash we got, and fail miserably to replace them.

And the crown jewel of a rebuilding process would be a young TQ to allow Allegri our coach to play HIS own ideal formation. But we dropped nearly 40M euros on 2 attackers who will probably both be benched when Dybala and Morata get a run together. But we failed miserably to buy a single TQ. Now we'll end up with somebody like Hernanes. Who, again, doesn't fit the rebuilding theory.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Me too, also happy that we dodged a bullet with Draxler. Nothing against the german player but he has everything to prove and Hernanes has already established himself as a classy attacking mid. If Marotta manages to get him for 10 ml or less - great deal.
Is this a joke? Draxler despite the niggling issues was on track to being top player before the injury and is still 21. Hernanes isn't even decent as AM at this point. Too inconsistent and indecisive, bit better as CM but not all that still.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Carlo Laudisa ‏@carlolaudisa 3 Min.vor 3 Minuten
#Mancini lo considera •titolare• ma prosegue il dialogo tra #Inter e #Juve per #Hernanes: in prestito?

hernanes on loan?

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Is this a joke? Draxler despite the niggling issues was on track to being top player before the injury and is still 21. Hernanes isn't even decent as AM at this point. Too inconsistent and indecisive, bit better as CM but not all that still.
:lol:

Draxler despite being 4 years old, at his own peak so far has been a better player than Hernanes ever has been.

jeffever

Jun 3, 2010
Some fair points there, but also too much optimism and glossing over the fact that we sold our best player from the Conte era and didn't 'rebuild' or start a new cycle. We flat out replaced him with an injury prone free agent.

Zaza deal was pathetic, not going to elaborate on that. We all know it.

Mandzukic even if he does get service and start banging in the goals was not a signing for the future. He's not exactly a young gun.

There is no excuse, and no reason to ever sell your best players at Juventus, especially with all the cash we got, and fail miserably to replace them.

And the crown jewel of a rebuilding process would be a young TQ to allow Allegri our coach to play HIS own ideal formation. But we dropped nearly 40M euros on 2 attackers who will probably both be benched when Dybala and Morata get a run together. But we failed miserably to buy a single TQ. Now we'll end up with somebody like Hernanes. Who, again, doesn't fit the rebuilding theory.

You're right. I probably am being to optimistic.When you have a team filled with youngsters, you do need veterans around. Mandzukic was probably purchased for a fair price. For the effort he gives, my guess is they felt he could contribute while being an example.

Khedira was just a bargain. Again, a solid yet unspectacular vet. He filled a need. For the price, I don't think people can complain too much.

The trequartista hole is certainly an issue, no question. Hopefully they surprise us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)