Suicide (5 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Good post Erik. How do you view ritual suicide, like the Hari-kiri (sp?) of the Samurai?
I just can't imagine what that's like. I really have no opinion about that. Honestly.

I've had my fair share of bad luck (to put it mildly) and I can understand why you would commit suicide because your personal foundations of life come tumbling down but to commit suicide for religious reasons ... that's beyond me.

Sorry, no spicy opinion this time ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
don't samurais kill themselves if they fail to get a victory or something? :confused: or is that just because i've been watching too much of samurai x?

my sister cut her hand with a knife once. she wanted to commit suicide. after that when things got better she said it was a really stupid thing to do. i don't know, im just stating an opinion from a person who tried.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

and let some ppl feel guilty about it....
Lili, i hate to shoot you down, but of all the common reasons to commit suicide, whenever I hear this one, I think it's so stupid.

I've heard a lot of my friends say that kinda stuff "Oh man, i'll just kill myself. Then my parents will feel so bad!"....

I'm always like "so what?! What does that achieve?!" :blah:

++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
Is suicide the solution? In my opinion, you can't possibly judge that until you've been to the very bottom of society. That dark pit that people end up in because what they think is important, somehow went terribly wrong.
I can't help but agree... people commit suicide because they lost their house, their car, :blah:

Most of the world's population don't even have a proper house or car! :fero:

We're a spoilt society. (At least in the Western world)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

Bull... I hate when I hear this. Spoilt? F*ck no! We worked damn hard for this.

Off-topic... sorry.
In comparison to people in third-world countries who earn a dollar a week?

I'm not talking about the amount that we work, I'm talking about the standard of living

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

In comparison to people in third-world countries who earn a dollar a week?

I'm not talking about the amount that we work, I'm talking about the standard of living
Yeah, I know what you're saying, but I still think it's bull. We have all these things cuz we've worked for it the last gazillion years. We've been succesful and we deserve it IMO. We've established great states were no man has to live on the streets unless he wants to. Spoilt... not if you ask me. There's countries who have nothing, but that doesn't make us spoilt... it's not like we're just given everything.

gray

Apr 22, 2003

We have all these things cuz we've worked for it the last gazillion years. We've been succesful and we deserve it IMO.
Well a lot of it would have to do with geography, but that's a whole other discussion

We've established great states were no man has to live on the streets unless he wants to.
:rolleyes: I won't start

Either way, we're all brothers. I don't mean, like, an actual brother, but I mean it like the way black people use it. Which is more meaningful i think

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Either way, we're all brothers. I don't mean, like, an actual brother, but I mean it like the way black people use it. Which is more meaningful i think
aha hahaha!

[/zoolander] thanks, needed that! :extatic:

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #112
    kali honestly none of us have worked to get where we were at. we were just lucky enough to be born in these circumstances.

our forefathers and ancestors did all the work and we reap the benefits. in fact many first-worlders take things for granted imho.

here's another article with more details on vince's death

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/12876.htm

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    kali honestly none of us have worked to get where we were at. we were just lucky enough to be born in these circumstances.

our forefathers and ancestors did all the work and we reap the benefits. in fact many first-worlders take things for granted imho.
    You might take things for granted... I don't. I haven't contributed that much yet... of course I'm only 20, but I do intend to. Just like my parents and their parents and their parents... did. I think your post is weird. I'm basicly a spoilt dude, cuz I was lucky enough to be born in these circumstances? Ahem no. If we all had this view on things we wouldn't be were we are now. We're not spoilt. We work for what we get, and cuz our forefathers did such a great job in the past, we can even get along if we're disabled or whatever. That might not be the case where you live, but I think it is here.

++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    here's another article with more details on vince's death

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/12876.htm
    Damn, that's rough. Once again, I'm sorry for your loss.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    I think you missed the point a bit Anders :)
    And it was gray who said first about geography, and Lac about circumstances.
    I could quote Martin now, cause this is exactly the point: you didnt do anything to be born in Denmark into the family that you were, the same about me and Poland and my family, and none of us as people in some eg Arfican country suffering from starving.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    I know... but hello! That doesn't make me or anybody spoilt. Might make me lucky, but not spoilt. Maybe we're not on the same page... I feel like I'm takin' crazy pills.

Anyways, off-topic... screw it.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I know... but hello! That doesn't make me or anybody spoilt. Might make me lucky, but not spoilt. Maybe we're not on the same page... I feel like I'm takin' crazy pills.
    I would call it lucky, yeah. But are lucky and spoilt really that far apart?

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

IMHO... yes. Do you want me to elaborate? I could, but it's really off-topic and I wouldn't want you to kill this thread as well ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Spoilt is when you take your luck for granted...which we pretty much all do...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)