suggestion- renaming threads.. (1 Viewer)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
someone opens a thread about a certain topic.. offcourse some topics are limited and can't go for ever.. but, somehow it goes on by going off-topic.. and that point these threads should be renamed to attract more members who are maybe not interested in the subject of the thread at the beginning but could be interested in the second one.. the result: new thread within an old thread with more members and on-topic..

example..

the thread "Davids to Inter in January" in the transfer section.. it was about davids leaving to Inter.. after a while so many news regarding davids pop out.. so obviously, the posters in that thread focused on the new rumours, but members who haven't visit that thread don't know about that changing of subject and they may start new threads about those already discussed news and waste space undeliberately..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Hmmm... interesting... doesnt sound too bad, but it could mean more work for the mods, and we all know they're lazy buggers :D ;)

OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    a second thought.. I really hate it when a mod rename/delete a thread that i started.. I think most of us here feel the same..
    so, what can be done is adding a new icon to the list of icons (see attachment) that indicate that a new topic has been discussed in the thread.. that would be better IMO.. what do think..?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    But then again, we might want to dig up an old thread regarding a certain topic, and not be able to find it :down:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    why cant the mods just split the thread if the starter of the thread sends a PM to the Mod? aint that just simple?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Martin told me that it's pretty time-consuming. You have to reasign each post individually. And if you've a 200-post thread, you'll get sick of that pretty quick.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well we are moderators in the first place, plus some of us helped build/shape this place, manage games and stuff like that to make it more fun for the users.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I've never seen Martin post anything longer than three words. He must be pissed off with you - he didn't even include a smilie.

;)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Zlatan has a way of coming off in a way that I interpret to be tactless and disrespective.
    You don't really have to explain yourself. :) I understand, but I prefer to cut some slack. People's sense of humour varies enormously. It seems obvious to me that he's just kidding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)