Street Cred (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2004
With the addition of this new reputation thing, I propse the idea that we have a bit of a Gentleman's agreement.

I think we should not give out negative cred unless it is totally necessary, if at all. I know that I am never going to add negative rep because I do not think someone should be condemned for what they think, only congradulated if you both share the same opinion.

What do you guys think?

Also:

I would like to know how this thing totally works, I get the gist of it, but what about the little green icon, when we get more cred do we get more green icons, or does the color just change?

Also, how many creds do we have to get before our rep points go up and we get more icons or our icon color changes?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
absolutely, this is either gonna work really well or descend into farce where people ***** at each other in a childish way

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
ßömßärdiër said:
I would like to know how this thing totally works, I get the gist of it, but what about the little green icon, when we get more cred do we get more green icons, or does the color just change?

Also, how many creds do we have to get before our rep points go up and we get more icons or our icon color changes?
It will always just be green but with different text depending on your reputation level. I believe there's a hack at vbulletin.org for showing several green icons, (or red ones for people with bad rep), here's a demo:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=38963

You can turn off your reputation in the User CP if you like.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So what happens if someone who never agrees with your posts brings your credit down just to spite you? I could see this happening. :D

Otherwise, this is a pretty cool new feature...it promotes thinking-before-posting.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
RochemBeck said:
So what happens if someone who never agrees with your posts brings your credit down just to spite you? I could see this happening. :D

Otherwise, this is a pretty cool new feature...it promotes thinking-before-posting.
no you have to share it around a bit first,so you cant keep giving it to one person all the time(calm down burke) and you cant do it for the same person in the same thread, so it should be ok...unless of course you offend everybody in one thread

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
RochemBeck said:

It jus means that people praise their friends and discredit those they dont like...

Its jus a popularity contest... Has no bearing on the way a person posts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)