Storari: Our efforts can only be applauded (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Marco Storari has expressed his satisfaction at the Bianconeri’s magnificent 2011/12 campaign. The dependable goalkeeper admitted the team has performed above all expectations on the way to a thrilling 30th Scudetto victory.
“It’s been an extraordinary season,” said Marco. “Naturally, we would have liked to end it unbeaten having won the Coppa Italia, but I believe this Juve side can only be applauded for what’s been achieved.”
The 35-year-old, who started every Coppa Italia fixture this season, believes the Bianconeri were unlucky to leave the capital empty-handed on Sunday night.
“They got off to a very strong start. But we managed to get the game back within our grasp during the first half. We also created some good chances and I think that - after their first goal - there was only one team in it until they doubled their lead. We were punished by two incidents, unfortunately that’s what happens in football.”
Storari then sought to set the record straight regarding false statements in circulation on a bogus Facebook account.
“Certain words that I’ve never ever thought, let alone written, have been attributed to me on a page created in my name. Somebody put that I had apologised for Sunday’s error when Lavezzi won a penalty.
“Obviously, I’m sorry we lost the game, but let me state that my conscience is more than clear and I don’t think I got anything wrong: I went for the ball and Lavezzi did well to take it past me.
“It’s something that can happen and I don’t feel any need to apologise. The fans know that I’ve always given my all from the first day I joined Juventus and it’s no surprise they’ve shown me great affection.”
The Pisa-born shot stopper has subsequently set up an official page on the world’s most popular social network, joining many of his Bianconeri team-mates in the process.
“I’m not the first person this has happened to and I won’t be the last, but in any case I’ve now created my own official Facebook page, so there can be no more ambiguity.
“It will be a good way to keep in touch with the fans. They will give me the boost required to repeat a season like the one we’ve just had. The Champions League lies on the horizon, we’ll need to defend the title and give it another go in the Coppa Italia.
“But now I’m taking a deserved holiday, we’re all in need of one after such a campaign. Where will I go? Well, perhaps I’ll write it on Facebook... on my page though!”
Visit Marco’s official page by clicking: www.facebook.com/marcostorariofficial

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)