Stock Market (3 Viewers)

alaska

May 25, 2013
I own Palantir and was completely flummoxed by that gold news. I don't know what to make of it. @Bjerknes @AFL_ITALIA

- - - Updated - - -

This week has been really poor for me. Hope y'all are doing better.

Sent from my Samsung via Tapatalk
You're not the only one, past few weeks has been ugly for my portfolio. Nothing like buying something (NOT a high volatility meme stock) and seeing it decline 15% over two trading sessions on no news.

OP
AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #827
    I own Palantir and was completely flummoxed by that gold news. I don't know what to make of it. @Bjerknes @AFL_ITALIA

- - - Updated - - -

You're not the only one, past few weeks has been ugly for my portfolio. Nothing like buying something (NOT a high volatility meme stock) and seeing it decline 15% over two trading sessions on no news.
    What did you buy that declined like that?

OP
    AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #829
    Altius Minerals, it's a Canadian commodities/mining royalty company, about $600M CAD market cap, so not super large. It's back up a bit now and I bought more when it declined.
    You're really into these royalty companies I see :p

- - - Updated - - -

I've just been putting money into SPY. Boring, but "safe" and quite effective so far I have to say.

alaska

May 25, 2013
    You're really into these royalty companies I see :p
    Guilty as charged. The economics of them are just insane, they can earn SaaS-like profit margins but trade at far more reasonable multiples, have very few employees (no high-price software developers whose salaries kill you in an inflationary environment) and are a natural hedge against inflation.

OP
    AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #831
    Guilty as charged. The economics of them are just insane, they can earn SaaS-like profit margins but trade at far more reasonable multiples, have very few employees (no high-price software developers whose salaries kill you in an inflationary environment) and are a natural hedge against inflation.
    It sounds good, but the size of that run-up on TPL scares the hell out of me, gives me ARK vibes :D

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Palantir, what's that?

alaska

May 25, 2013
    Palantir, what's that?

Software company that has a lot of contracts with the US military and intelligence agencies. They work for private companies too, but their goal is to be "the operating system that future wars are fought on".

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Software company that has a lot of contracts with the US military and intelligence agencies. They work for private companies too, but their goal is to be "the operating system that future wars are fought on".

Alright, thanks. Sounds like a company I wouldn't want to be working in, celebrating every new war. We will start bombing a new country, yeeey! Cake is ready for everyone!

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    Alright, thanks. Sounds like a company I wouldn't want to be working in, celebrating every new war. We will start bombing a new country, yeeey! Cake is ready for everyone!
    Not only do I want to make money, I want to profit from other people suffering

$1 made from AMD stock = whatever
    $1 made from america bombing shitholes = feels like $10
    (minus $9 after the EU taxpayer has to clean up the mess but you can't take away the emotional win)

Remember to buy diabetes companies Pepsico and also McDonalds

Buy all the evil stuff and you will make it.

alaska

May 25, 2013
    Not only do I want to make money, I want to profit from other people suffering

$1 made from AMD stock = whatever
    $1 made from america bombing shitholes = feels like $10
    (minus $9 after the EU taxpayer has to clean up the mess but you can't take away the emotional win)

Remember to buy diabetes companies Pepsico and also McDonalds

Buy all the evil stuff and you will make it.
    There is a limit to the effectiveness of this. I once owned shares in a cobalt mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo. What a headache. I would have rather owned McDonalds, let me tell you.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
    965.jpeg

Been buying Gold coins for about a month.

- - - Updated - - -

Other than... a US Dollar collapse. :shocked:
    In my country, the dollar fluctuates a lot, and buying and selling it can be profitable. I check every once in awhile.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)