Steve Jobs RIP (7 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Oh and on a completely unrelated note, I think the use of the word fanboys is now right up their with terrorist and Hitler.
It is. And I love it. :heart2:

At the risk of sounding insensitive or ignorant... What did he do for people to be making such a big deal out of his death? Wasn't he just a CEO and a guy who made cool products?
Yes. He sold products people wanted, who in turn gave him a lot of money. That makes him a good person in God's eyes that we must all love and adore as if he was a living saint.

He did more than that. He made products and sold them in a way that made people feel good about themselves for having them.
Genius. That sums up Steve Jobs better than anything I've ever read. :lol:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't get this one.

I hate my Facebook today, it's like Ghandi or Mother Teresa died.

Martin, brilliant like always.
The joke is that this is from the Westboro guys, who protest at military funerals because the soldier might have been gay, etc.

The point is hypocrisy. The person is tweeting that they're going to picket Steve Jobs funeral because he taught sin, etc., and they do it on one of his phones is the joke. So they're complicit.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
It is. And I love it. :heart2:

Yes. He sold products people wanted, who in turn gave him a lot of money. That makes him a good person in God's eyes that we must all love and adore as if he was a living saint.

Genius. That sums up Steve Jobs better than anything I've ever read. :lol:
Now your getting carried away he did nothing comparable to a saint and only God knows his soul. People are reacting this way because he was one of the most influential people of our lifetime more so than even presidents

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Had no idea his health was this precarious. It's just like Apple to keep it locked up and then they suddenly announce it, just like their products. I can only imagine that Jobs orchestrated it as usual, what could be more important to him than his company. Pretty sick attitude. On the other hand, if he had told the public he was doing this badly tons of obnoxious fanboys would fawn all over him, so maybe he thought that was worse.

Best thing that could occur now is Apple going belly up, but of course not gonna happen.
Its been common knowledge for some time now that he had cancer

Maybe you should read more Apple-oriented blogs and forums :p

Apr 15, 2006
Now your getting carried away he did nothing comparable to a saint and only God knows his soul. People are reacting this way because he was one of the most influential people of our lifetime more so than even presidents
Influenced how? By stealing ideas? By overcharging for his products? By showing that suing your competitors is better than competing fairly? By being a hypocrite?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If society lines up to get shot in the face, you can't really blame the guy pulling the trigger. He's just giving folks what they want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)