Steve Jobs RIP (3 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm showing respect, I'm saying that without him Apple will go down the toilet :p
But Pepsi, on the other hand....

RIP. Crazy tho, I was in the Apple store on 5th Avenue just yesterday.
Yeah, Steve said he tried to hold on for a few more days since you were just at the Apple store. But he couldn't hold on. :confused2

yea man steve Jobs was one of my idols in a way and it kind of feels like I lost a friend
I think you're confusing the personal with the professional. Jobs was notoriously a dick to work for. I may think Peter Sellers was a sublime comedic actor, but he's not exactly someone I would have wanted to pal around with in real life.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
But Pepsi, on the other hand....

Yeah, Steve said he tried to hold on for a few more days since you were just at the Apple store. But he couldn't hold on. :confused2

I think you're confusing the personal with the professional. Jobs was notoriously a dick to work for. I may think Peter Sellers was a sublime comedic actor, but he's not exactly someone I would have wanted to pal around with in real life.
I don't know where you get that from people not.only loved working for him but even rivals like Larry page say how he went out of his way to help them and they were competitorz

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't know where you get that from people not.only loved working for him but even rivals like Larry page say how he went out of his way to help them and they were competitorz
Nope. I know people in the industry here. I gotz da first-hand rules.

Just Google search "Steve Jobs is a dick". You'll be overwhelmed: the backstabbing of Wozniak, berating employees, temper tantrums, taking credit for the ideas of others, parking his Mercedes in handicapped spaces. This isn't secret knowledge. You must be living in a cave.

This isn't to disrespect what he's accomplished. But do not put the rosy polish of sainthood on a guy who made his reputation among people who knew him for being a massive dick.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Nope. I know people in the industry here. I gotz da first-hand rules.

Just Google search "Steve Jobs is a dick". You'll be overwhelmed: the backstabbing of Wozniak, berating employees, temper tantrums, taking credit for the ideas of others, parking his Mercedes in handicapped spaces. This isn't secret knowledge. You must be living in a cave.

This isn't to disrespect what he's accomplished. But do not put the rosy polish of sainthood on a guy who made his reputation among people who knew him for being a massive dick.
For every story like that there is 10 opposite so I take those with a grain of.salt

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
For every story like that there is 10 opposite so I take those with a grain of.salt
Ah, no. Seriously, dude. This is no exaggeration job.

If you think Jobs was a good person to know in person, you have no clue as to who he was or what he was about. There's more evidence of this on him than anybody in the entire tech world just shy of only maybe Larry Ellison. I've lived in the SF Bay Area/Silicon Valley for over 20 years and have worked in the high tech industry all that time. This is no secret.

That you somehow believed/believe that Jobs was somehow a saintly man honestly depresses me. Power and talent can so pull the wool over the public eyes.

I know plenty of nice people who are useless. So it's important to give credit where it is due, but no more than where it is deserved here.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Ah, no. Seriously, dude. This is no exaggeration job.

If you think Jobs was a good person to know in person, you have no clue as to who he was or what he was about. There's more evidence of this on him than anybody in the entire tech world just shy of only maybe Larry Ellison. I've lived in the SF Bay Area/Silicon Valley for over 20 years and have worked in the high tech industry all that time. This is no secret.

That you somehow believed/believe that Jobs was somehow a saintly man honestly depresses me. Power and talent can so pull the wool over the public eyes.
most geniuses is strange people from out of this world....and there is no secrect that steve was hard man when he was young

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But why is it so hard to celebrate a man's professionalism independent from who he is as a person -- instead of trying to bundle the two up as a convenient, harmoniously glamorous package?

Peter Sellers is easily one of my favorite actors of all time. But I can accept the fact that he was a cold jerk in real life. Why do these have to be compatible for people? Why can't you love Michael Jackson's music while simultaneously detesting the things he did to molest children? I'm not saying it's easy. But some people cannot compartmentalize the two.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
But why is it so hard to celebrate a man's professionalism independent from who he is as a person -- instead of trying to bundle the two up as a convenient, harmoniously glamorous package?

Peter Sellers is easily one of my favorite actors of all time. But I can accept the fact that he was a cold jerk in real life. Why do these have to be compatible for people? Why can't you love Michael Jackson's music while simultaneously detesting the things he did to molest children? I'm not saying it's easy. But some people cannot compartmentalize the two.
I love Charlie Harper but Charlie Sheen is a total dick.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006

Peter Sellers is easily one of my favorite actors of all time. But I can accept the fact that he was a cold jerk in real life. Why do these have to be compatible for people?
because he is a superhero for the people! like santa claus damn! santa can't be an asshole you know im sayin' ! ....everyone will rememba him as genius.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Juventino[RUS];3292720 said:
because he is a superhero for the people! like santa claus damn! santa can't be an asshole you know im sayin' ! ....everyone will rememba him as genius.
Santa is a faggot, he never sent me anything and I'm pretty sure he molests those elves he's got working in a sweatshop all year long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)