Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (111 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
My favorites are the ones who stubbornly claim that it's easy to bring a superstar player to the club if we just pay up. Quite like a high school freshman discussing problems regarding integration into a society for minorities, quite passionate and ignorant.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Corriere dello Sport reports that the player's agents really presented the 30M offer from Juve to Pradè. He said "no" immediately, explaining that the whole project is around Jovetic and that he has to remain at least one more year at Fiorentina. This is what the agents say, and that's why Tuttosport made up this bullcrap deal that obviously doesn't exist.

As you guys said here, it's up to JoJo to force his way out now. Anyway, Marotta should have been much more aggressive on this. He was too soft, penny pinching, slow. Juventus guys should be all over Jovetic to make him want to play for Juve (I know this is not correct, but that's football).

Marotta failed hard on this one. If in the end he was willing to pay the 30M, he should have been more aggressive some time ago, making the situation become unbearable for the player and the club.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Lol, you should read some of your own posts first.
I'm realistic, deal with it

---------- Post added 28.08.2012 at 12:42 ----------

Corriere dello Sport reports that the player's agents really presented the 30M offer from Juve to Pradè. He said "no" immediately, explaining that the whole project is around Jovetic and that he has to remain at least one more year at Fiorentina. This is what the agents say, and that's why Tuttosport made up this bullcrap deal that obviously doesn't exist.

As you guys said here, it's up to JoJo to force his way out now. Anyway, Marotta should have been much more aggressive on this. He was too soft, penny pinching, slow. Juventus guys should be all over Jovetic to make him want to play for Juve (I know this is not correct, but that's football).

Marotta failed hard on this one. If in the end he was willing to pay the 30M, he should have been more aggressive some time ago, making the situation become unbearable for the player and the club.
You do realise that marotta only does what the board allows him to do right ?

If he suddenly comes up with 30 mil, its because board allowed.

So you call our board penny pinchers ? totally fine

lets be like milan, and sell everything we got in 3 years :tup:

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I'm realistic, deal with it

---------- Post added 28.08.2012 at 12:42 ----------

You do realise that marotta only does what the board allows him to do right ?

If he suddenly comes up with 30 mil, its because board allowed.

So you call our board penny pinchers ? totally fine

lets be like milan, and sell everything we got in 3 years :tup:
I'm not sure how is a difference of 10m is going to make us bankrupt after we survived calciopoli + 2 seasons without CL and still be the biggest spender in the league... if we buy ronaldo for 100m then sure yes we will get bankrupt soon... but increasing from 20+ (wasn't there 22m offer some weeks ago) to 30m surely not dangerous?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

Next year we'll spend all our money on the 1st of July and you'll be happy. :sergio:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I'm not at all concerned about losing Jovetic cuz he wasnt an absolute priority despite me being a massive fan of his..If anything this would've been a signing just to appease the fans which didnt transpire in the end.

That being said ,a quality striker is necessary..Still 3 more days left though.Lets wait and see what happens.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'm not sure how is a difference of 10m is going to make us bankrupt after we survived calciopoli + 2 seasons without CL and still be the biggest spender in the league... if we buy ronaldo for 100m then sure yes we will get bankrupt soon... but increasing from 20+ (wasn't there 22m offer some weeks ago) to 30m surely not dangerous?
Tell the board to allow marotta a higher maximum fee for a player without commercial windfall, not me.

Its also them that decide if it makes us sustainable in the long therm

those extra 8 mil could potentially bite you in the ass balance wise at the end of the year, they are the ones that hold responsability, and decide if its worth the risk, or if its possible to even take it

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

Agreed, but I think the offer came at the death to call DV's bluff. Although, if this money was put on the plate when the shit first hit the fan, JoJo would've been forced to choose and take a stand, so dv didn't have to hear shit from the fans. Now with a team that may really be built around him, he himself is going to feel guilty to call time, coz DV has stood up to his end of the bargain. As for being promised to us next year, its bs, but even if true, I wonder how that would work coz there's nothing in writing.

I'm realistic, deal with it:
No you're not. You're an apologist of the highest order. I'm dealing with it, in raucous laughter, mind you.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Agreed, but I think the offer came at the death to call DV's bluff. Although, if this money was put on the plate when the $#@! first hit the fan, JoJo would've been forced to choose and take a stand, so dv didn't have to hear $#@! from the fans. Now with a team that may really be built around him, he himself is going to feel guilty to call time, coz DV has stood up to his end of the bargain. As for being promised to us next year, its bs, but even if true, I wonder how that would work coz there's nothing in writing.

No you're not. You're an apologist of the highest order. I'm a dealing with it, in raucous laughter, mind you.
No he didn't... Remember the openly discussed gentlemen agreement... Time doesn't matter. Fiorentina knew all along we were in for Jovetic and we were prepared to go a long way, so they should've been looking for a Jojo-replacement. Della Valle is just being the scumbag he is.

Marotta inserted the money, together with our board. The penny-pinching arguments are exposed, so everyone has to think of something new now. Simple as that.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You are all a bunch of pricks lacking in ambition :stuckup:

Fapping to names like Pazzini, Borriello, and utter mediocrity and shit of the highest order :p

I love you all, and hope the best for the club and all of us, united by our love for Juve :heart: :touched: :dule:

---------- Post added 28.08.2012 at 17:58 ----------

3 days is a long time in football. We might end up getting him, even though it seems unlikely at this point in time. Perhaps we can give them Quag on loan or something.

In any case, I don't believe this "promised to us" next season BS. All this we have first dibs talk is utter nonsense.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
This promised buy will get us nowhere since we're looking at another attempt to get a top level prima punta as well next year... We simply do not have that kind of budget. I may see us splashing 55 mil on Cavani by a long shot next season, but of course that excludes buying Jovetic.

Need Jojo now. Cavani next year. I'm counting on Agnelli's ambition for this one :)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
No he didn't... Remember the openly discussed gentlemen agreement... Time doesn't matter. Fiorentina knew all along we were in for Jovetic and we were prepared to go a long way, so they should've been looking for a Jojo-replacement. Della Valle is just being the scumbag he is.

Marotta inserted the money, together with our board. The penny-pinching arguments are exposed, so everyone has to think of something new now. Simple as that.
When DV and JoJo met on July 11 or whatever the date of that summit was, it was to discuss his future at the club. From that meeting on, DV had told him that he was not in the market and expressed the same publicly. As did Prade. The gentleman's agreement is not written as part of the contract, becauseif it were true, Fiorentina would have no option but to sell. The penny pinching theory if at all, is further underlined, coz it just goes to shoe that we have the money but are unwilling/nervous to spend big on playerfor whatever reason. A large part of why we maybe willing to shell out the cash in this case is perhaps supported by the fact that JoJo is a big fan favourite in Turin and Agnelli and the rest kinda figure that maybe a good gift for the fans after all the talks of the LCD being fitted into a home.

---------- Post added 28.08.2012 at 16:35 ----------

I have a feeling Fiorentina will accept the 30M if really offered. They are just playing hard ball in the eyes of their fans.
Its really not up to the club tbh. JoJo will have to force his hand here. He needs to stand up and say 'I want Juventus' so nobody blames Delle Valle back home, who comes across as the hero at the end of it. A rich one at that. :D

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
When DV and JoJo met on July 11 or whatever the date of that summit was, it was to discuss his future at the club. From that meeting on, DV had told him that he was not in the market and expressed the same publicly. As did Prade. The gentleman's agreement is not written as part of the contract, becauseif it were true, Fiorentina would have no option but to sell. The penny pinching theory if at all, is further underlined, coz it just goes to shoe that we have the money but are unwilling/nervous to spend big on playerfor whatever reason. A large part of why we maybe willing to shell out the cash in this case is perhaps supported by the fact that JoJo is a big fan favourite in Turin and Agnelli and the rest kinda figure that maybe a good gift for the fans after all the talks of the LCD being fitted into a home.

Its really not up to the club tbh. JoJo will have to force his hand here. He needs to stand up and say 'I want Juventus' so nobody blames Delle Valle back home, who comes across as the hero at the end of it. A rich one at that. :D
Duh. I understand what a gentlemen agreement is, my friend. But anyway DV is not keeping his end of the bargain if there ever was such an agreement.

Jovetic never claimed he wanted to stay, so I'm inclined to believe he actually is tempted to leave but wants to play a clean game.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Super Vucinic to the rescue :D

---------- Post added 28.08.2012 at 18:12 ----------

This promised buy will get us nowhere since we're looking at another attempt to get a top level prima punta as well next year... We simply do not have that kind of budget. I may see us splashing 55 mil on Cavani by a long shot next season, but of course that excludes buying Jovetic.

Need Jojo now. Cavani next year. I'm counting on Agnelli's ambition for this one :)
I like the way you think :D

+Rep :pint:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Well actually we don't know when the money was made available to Marotta. Maybe due to difficulties in getting this CF the board mada available extra 10M. We'll never know. But this doesn't happen too often, so I'll just assume he already had the money.

Anyway, it's nearly impossible to get a well established great player without overpaying these days. If you choose not to overpay, it's up to you, but you won't get your player either.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Duh. I understand what a gentlemen agreement is, my friend. But anyway DV is not keeping his end of the bargain if there ever was such an agreement.

Jovetic never claimed he wanted to stay, so I'm inclined to believe he actually is tempted to leave but wants to play a clean game.
JoJo hasn't commented on the issue at all. So he has neither signalled an intention to stay, but nor has he suggested he wants to leave. He at this point unfortunately doesn't want to hurt the fan's sentiments either. I dunno, it's possible.

---------- Post added 28.08.2012 at 16:49 ----------

Well actually we don't know when the money was made available to Marotta. Maybe due to difficulties in getting this CF the board mada available extra 10M. We'll never know. But this doesn't happen too often, so I'll just assume he already had the money.

Anyway, it's nearly impossible to get a well established great player without overpaying these days. If you choose not to overpay, it's up to you, but you won't get your player either.
Exactly. The reason is that there's more money in football now, more clubs can play this game and most importantly, the balance of power has shifted. So you should pick your battles in these transfer games. Claiming that you're going to get shit done on your own terms is going to have you lose out on core targets at a bare minimum.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
You are all a bunch of pricks lacking in ambition :stuckup:

Fapping to names like Pazzini, Borriello, and utter mediocrity and $#@! of the highest order :p

I love you all, and hope the best for the club and all of us, united by our love for Juve :heart: :touched: :dule:

---------- Post added 28.08.2012 at 17:58 ----------

3 days is a long time in football. We might end up getting him, even though it seems unlikely at this point in time. Perhaps we can give them Quag on loan or something.

In any case, I don't believe this "promised to us" next season BS. All this we have first dibs talk is utter nonsense.
:lol: What's with the mood swings. This Mercato is affecting you the most, you should definitely go on vacation till Friday, and when you return, BOOM, your Jovetic wish came true ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)