Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (120 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think in the absence of a Dzeko/Llorente level finisher we should go all in for JoJo. I think Dzeko might cost 3-4m more than Llorente. And JoJo would cost more than both of them. But tome the two cfs will make this a more balanced attack than JoJo would. Given that Vuci and Gio are around.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #5,693
    People tend to forget that we ended 1st and not 4th. We scored many goals and it was with Vucinic - Matri. Now we have Giovinco lined up, so getting Jovetic would be great eventhough 'he's not a finisher', he'd nail many goals. It would be a huge upgrade, like it or not. Not to mention that we'd have much stronger penetration on the flanks with Isla and possibly Asamoah.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    People tend to forget that we ended 1st and not 4th. We scored many goals and it was with Vucinic - Matri. Now we have Giovinco lined up, so getting Jovetic would be great eventhough 'he's not a finisher', he'd nail many goals. It would be a huge upgrade, like it or not. Not to mention that we'd have much stronger penetration on the flanks with Isla and possibly Asamoah.
    This.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
    How doesn't Dzeko fit Conte's approach?
    3-5-2, yep. Unless Conte is thinking about a new switch for the 4-3-3.

Conte, above all, seems to want a technicall striker who can hold the ball upfront for the penetrations from the midfield. I honestly don't think Dzeko can do this and this is why Matri is helpless in this system while Borriello was the first option for the coach towards the end of the season.

anyway, not just Conte, but this system has proved to do wonders with two 'SSs' already, as long as they are capable finishers. Udinese being my prime example with Di Natale and Sanchez. Jovetic sure is a capable finisher (and is still improving in this aspect) and Vucinic isn't that bad too.

P.S.: Jovetic is not the perfect option for what I think Conte is trying to do, but he is better suited than Dzeko. The best option would be a technicall target man like Llorente or even Berbatov.

Jul 1, 2010
    3-5-2, yep. Unless Conte is thinking about a new switch for the 4-3-3.

Conte, above all, seems to want a technicall striker who can hold the ball upfront for the penetrations from the midfield. I honestly don't think Dzeko can do this and this is why Matri is helpless in this system while Borriello was the first option for the coach towards the end of the season.

anyway, not just Conte, but this system has proved to do wonders with two 'SSs' already, as long as they are capable finishers. Udinese being my prime example with Di Natale and Sanchez. Jovetic sure is a capable finisher (and is still improving in this aspect) and Vucinic isn't that bad too.
    Llorente would be the logical choice then.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    I think the need for the 'classical bomber', the "poacher", is somewhat ancient. The modern game definitely makes it possible to be successful with two SS'es up top. It all depends on what kind of midfield tactis you employ, though. But in a team like ours, I think Vucinic + Jovetic would be fantastic. Because we have an entire midfield that can pop up and score goals. Marchisio, Vidal, Asamoah, Isla, Pirlo.

May 22, 2007
    Aren't you constantly going on about how poor the quality of Serie A is? That's simplistic anyway, Matri and Vučinić proved they weren't clinical over a season, chance conversion has to be better in the Champions League with the best teams in the world.

There were plenty of games where I was frustrated about not having someone in the penalty area to get into the right areas and score goals properly, I won't forget those easily.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    @Jem83 that thoery was debunked after our failure to convert easy chances last season imo.

the reason the classic 9 is less sought after is because most of them tend to be slow, have heavy touches and often kill the rhythm of the team. see matri last season.

an example of perfect number 9 for juve would be eto'o, torres prime and villa. because they don't have those negative aspects to their game

llrente is like that, but to a much lesser extent

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 120)