Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (67 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
La Viola impresses me a lot. Montella is a good coach indeed, wrapping up good players for Fiorentina. Good choices so far, givent the financial power Fiorentina holds.. Montella for coach should Conte get the very big sentence IMO

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think this deal could have happened, but then the Conte thing got out of control and changed our objectives.

I think the focus now is to sell what deadweight we have and get some money and players off the books.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #5,264
    I think this deal could have happened, but then the Conte thing got out of control and changed our objectives.

I think the focus now is to sell what deadweight we have and get some money and players off the books.
    Why? How should that change anything?

Firstly, he will come back eventually. Secondly, I highly doubt any coach would reject Jovetic (not that new coach should be any decisive factor when it comes to transfer policy).

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Why? How should that change anything?

Firstly, he will come back eventually. Secondly, I highly doubt any coach would reject Jovetic (not that new coach should be any decisive factor when it comes to transfer policy).
    What I mean to say is, it will be harder to convince top players to come here with the shit surrounding the club and not having a good coach in charge. Don't you think?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    Nah i seriously dont believe they are buying all these players just to sell him..Brought some pretty good players in ,this will convince Jo-Jo to stay at Viola for atleast another player.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #5,268
    What I mean to say is, it will be harder to convince top players to come here with the shit surrounding the club and not having a good coach in charge. Don't you think?
    Not really. This new shit that came out didn't even happen at Juve, I don't think it will a bad reflection on us when it comes to transfers at all.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Not really. This new shit that came out didn't even happen at Juve, I don't think it will a bad reflection on us when it comes to transfers at all.
    Ok, that covered part of my theory.

What about the other part? No coach at a top club sounds risky as well. If I was a top player, part of the reason you go to a club is because of the coach. If Conte is out for 15 months, what do you expect a top player to decide to do?

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #5,270
    Ok, that covered part of my theory.

What about the other part? No coach at a top club sounds risky as well. If I was a top player, part of the reason you go to a club is because of the coach. If Conte is out for 15 months, what do you expect a top player to decide to do?
    Majority of players goes where money is and based on the contract, not a name of the coach.

Team itself is very strong, it's probably a thing to take into notice, but I don't think it's gonna hurt us.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Majority of players goes where money is and based on the contract, not a name of the coach.

Team itself is very strong, it's probably a thing to take into notice, but I don't think it's gonna hurt us.
    Wel, some players also are interested in the project, not just the monies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
    Chelsea's Di Matteo was assistant coach and that's Chelsea. The coach is an important part of the club but even if sentenced, Conte will still be in charge in training and everyday activities. He is only banned from taking teamtalks and sitting on the juventus bench whenever we play. he will go to ever single match and let his assistants do the teamtalk and sideline guiding.

Should we lose him for a long time i doubt it's gonna affect us in terms of signing top players. If Di Matteo is good enough for Chelsea i'm sure one of the next in line in the juve hierarchy can take over just as well.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005

I don't think that is always true. Jovetic is certainly not a gold digger by any means.

You're naive to think that we'll be left without a coach for 15 months..Thats a massive risk to take from the board.
    I am not saying we won't have a coach, rather a coach that isn't nearly as good as Conte...and as you know, the likes of DN & Ferrara were like literally not having a coach at all.
    Exactly.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #5,275
    Project? Nothing is gonna change. We're gonna chase Scudetto and aim to do well in Europe even if we lose Conte.

I just said that money is actually one of the most important things to consider.

I think some people make this situation look much worse than it is. Of course it sucks and we're gonna be weaker, but I don't see it as a reflection to our transfer policy at all.

---------- Post added 03.08.2012 at 15:42 ----------

I don't think that is always true. Jovetic is certainly not a gold digger by any means.
    His opinion won't change, Vucinic will bring him here if he leaves Viola :agree:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    And Jovetic isnt a 'top player' either if you know what i mean.Would be much easier to lure him than a Van Persie or a Dzeko provided he's available for transfer ofcourse.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    :tup:

---------- Post added 03.08.2012 at 09:44 ----------

Project? Nothing is gonna change. We're gonna chase Scudetto and aim to do well in Europe even if we lose Conte.

I just said that money is actually one of the most important things to consider.

I think some people make this situation look much worse than it is. Of course it sucks and we're gonna be weaker, but I don't see it as a reflection to our transfer policy at all.

---------- Post added 03.08.2012 at 15:42 ----------

His opinion won't change, Vucinic will bring him here if he leaves Viola :agree:
    Good points. :tup:

---------- Post added 03.08.2012 at 09:44 ----------

Good talk Dusan. :D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I think either way we will get a first right of refusal from dv for not forcing our hand on this deal. So RVP this year and JoJo next, I can live with that.

Jul 20, 2012
    We are definitely not getting Jovetic. This article http://www.football-italia.net/22595/montella-directors-kept-promises says that one of Montella's request was to keep Jovetic also just because a club buys someone doesnt mean that they are going to sell their main player. Also Fiorentina havent even bought a replacement for Jovetic so that makes no sense. We are probably going to get RVP

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)