Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (93 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
that cuz milan are a bunch of cocky little decks. thy orbably offered a lona deal with option to by for 15 million.

same way they offered a cheap deal to man city for tevez.

milan think just because they did it once with ibra and it worked, that it would work all the time.
so do you think barca will sell for 15 + matri? ...cuz after this summer that's the best offer marotta can get

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Lol at those who kick their heads at the prospect of signing Jovetic.

You peasants, we will actually sign Falcao, RVP, Higuain and Cavani, even Dzeko, if it's possible. The thing is....Higuain will laugh in your face if you ask him to leave Real for Juve, RVP will call you crazy if you try to convince him that playing in serie A is better for him than staying in England and playing for a rich club, ADL will burn half of Naples if you try to take Cavani off of him for less than 50m euro (and good luck finding 50m). Falcao? Lol, won't leave for less than 60m. Even Dzeko would wait till the last minute for EPL, LA Liga, or his favorite team Milan to call before he even starts thinking about Juve.

Now give me a better alternative to Jovetic after this. You don't seem to realize that it's not Jovetic or RVP. It's Jovetic or Pazzini. What do you propose? Keep the money for next summer instead of splashing them on Jo-Jo now? Why, because next summer all these strikers will actually change their minds and run to play for Juve?
If we don't buy Jovetic now we never will and we'll be left without him AND without a CF.
Very well said

altho its pazzini doesnt change wether jovetic could come

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Lol at those who kick their heads at the prospect of signing Jovetic.

You peasants, we will actually sign Falcao, RVP, Higuain and Cavani, even Dzeko, if it's possible. The thing is....Higuain will laugh in your face if you ask him to leave Real for Juve, RVP will call you crazy if you try to convince him that playing in serie A is better for him than staying in England and playing for a rich club, ADL will burn half of Naples if you try to take Cavani off of him for less than 50m euro (and good luck finding 50m). Falcao? Lol, won't leave for less than 60m. Even Dzeko would wait till the last minute for EPL, LA Liga, or his favorite team Milan to call before he even starts thinking about Juve.

Now give me a better alternative to Jovetic after this. You don't seem to realize that it's not Jovetic or RVP. It's Jovetic or Pazzini. What do you propose? Keep the money for next summer instead of splashing them on Jo-Jo now? Why, because next summer all these strikers will actually change their minds and run to play for Juve?
If we don't buy Jovetic now we never will and we'll be left without him AND without a CF.
We know the deal with the 'top player' CF, but Jovetic is in a more similar situation to those aforementioned players than you care to admit. That he plays for Fiorentina and wants out is only part of the issue, for Juve buying he'll cost big cash, so place your faith in Marotta to do that deal.

From a technical perspective Jovetic is great, no questions asked. Tactically this potential rolling attack will probably be the most profligate and potentially frustrating in Serie A history. If we are talking actuality instead of possibility then Vucinic, Jovetic, Giovinco and Quagliarella are 1 in 3 strikers, and we'd be hoping for an explosion or breakout from one of them.

I'd be confident in this signing as long as we have a real CF to provide that option, because we won't be able to bank on percentages every game, creating 25+ chances, especially in the CL.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I didnt say playing with 3 SSs makes any sense. My first response is to your post that playing with SSs are not a good solution, while Barcelona play that way (also sometimes I consider Villa as an SS) and they're admittedly good. Just to show its not something impossible to play that way.
Barca and Spain have Xavi and Iniesta though.
They are the only teams capable of pulling this, because they can dictate the rythm of the game, by bossing every other team out there.
Our boys can also do that, considering the standards we face in Italy, but against the most competitive team, our weakness can be exploited.
And most important, the optimal way to strengthen the team, is to improve the weakest point and ours is clearly the finishing atm.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We may not need Jovetic now, but we will need him sooner than anywhere cares to think. Let's just buy him now, and get a quality CF when one becomes available, and we can afford one. Dzeko is going to be around, and I don't see many clubs affording him, and those that can don't need him.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
In my opininion it's now or never. If we won't get him now, when most of the clubs are on hold with the transfers then say goodbye to Jojo in next transfer periods.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
In my opininion it's now or never. If we won't get him now, when most of the clubs are on hold with the transfers then say goodbye to Jojo in next transfer periods.
It doesn't necessarily have to be that way, there is always bunch of Brazilian and Argentinian overpriced kids that European clubs want.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Players don't have to be global names, such as Cavani or van Persie, to be quality. Conte made this point a few weeks ago talking about Vidal.
Yes, but such players won't nullify buying Jovetic. Imo we also plan to get a cheaper, Pazzini type striker this summer. If we do find quality "no global name" striker, it will be at the expense of Pazzini.

I was talking about buying an expensive CF. If we can't find one, then I don't see a problem in getting Jovetic. Actually, imo we are waiting for developments in the market for strikers, and that's why we're delaying this transfer of Jovetic. I think that he isn't a top priority, which is fine, because Cavani is definitely more needed. But in the previous pages it felt like people think that it's a question of choice between buying RVP/Cavani or Jovetic and it's a mistake if we choose the latter. That's not really the case imo and Jo-Jo will be an option only if we're 100% sure that we can't get RVP, Cavani, Suarez, Higuain or Dzeko.

May 22, 2007
Yes, but such players won't nullify buying Jovetic. Imo we also plan to get a cheaper, Pazzini type striker this summer. If we do find quality "no global name" striker, it will be at the expense of Pazzini.

I was talking about buying an expensive CF. If we can't find one, then I don't see a problem in getting Jovetic. Actually, imo we are waiting for developments in the market for strikers, and that's why we're delaying this transfer of Jovetic. I think that he isn't a top priority, which is fine, because Cavani is definitely more needed.
I'm not talking Pazzini level, better than that to focus the budget on. Neither of us know how much money there is to spend, so I'm not sure if they can afford Jojo and someone like Lewandowski.

I also think it makes sense if they are waiting for the van Persie situation to resolve itself and to sell a few players. Last summer there was a plan, Felipe Melo was loaned out and Vidal arrived a few days later.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Yep it isnt reliable..The same "source" said "Van Persie is going to be a Juventus player in 48 hrs" a few weeks ago when he was left out of Arsenal's pre-season's squad for Asia..

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Radio Radio:

Jovetic's agent is meeting Marotta as the player has handed in a transfer request.

Not usually a reliable radio station though.
Quick question.

Why would there need to be a meeting between Jovetic's agent and Marotta if terms had presumably already been agreed upon at 3.8M per season for 5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)