Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I think it all depends on what you are looking for.

Myself, I have always been more attracted to the players who romanticize the game for me. I'm not necessarily a numbers guy when it comes to football, because unlike any other sport, Football allows itself to be analyzed on the facets leading up to the goal, as much as, if not more than, the goal itself.

to quote Ian Gillan, "It's not the kill. It's the thrill of the chase."

That's why those two gentlemen in my avatar will always hold a special place in my heart, because on their day, they were capable of creating pure magic even if they didn't score on that day.

And I see Jovetic as the type of player along those lines, but I do not see him as a 10 goal scorer a la Cassano. No, I see him as the 15-18 goal scorer consistently throughout the career that I believe he is going to have.

Honestly, the only reason why I see that Jovetic is still at Fiorentina is because he missed the entire 2010-2011 season with his knee injury. He had already put the world on notice the season before that as a 20 year old with his exploits in the Champions League, taking Fiorentina on his back to the knockout stages. If he hadn't gotten injured, and if his career had progressed the way it was projected to be, he would already be at one of the top clubs in Europe.

Dzeko would be for the here and now, whilst I feel that Jovetic would be for the here and tomorrow.

I can certainly understand where you are coming from, but upon reading this, I hope that you can understand where I am coming from
thats not true. There was much more to that team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That would like turkeys voting for christmas...
It's just amazing, I am not sure we can land the deal but I hope it happens. Giovinco before being kicked away to Parma had to deal with Del Piero and Nedved at their decline if things go as reported he will have to deal with Jovetic and Vucinic at their prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)