Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (78 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You need to be Manolo'd!

oh, come on now Jay. The "Youtube Defense" :D

I would have at least thought that you had presumed that I was smarter than that.

Put it this way, I am far more intrigued at the prospect of Baokye than I am of Gabbiadini.

But hey, I could be proven worng, it wouldn't be the first time.

I was one of the very few who actually thought Martinez could have been quite useful :lol:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
oh, come on now Jay. The "Youtube Defense" :D
In my defense I have seen him play several times in full matches, things you don't see in these videos. The mistakes, but also things you look for in a striker.
1) He can finish. Whether he is a 'streak' scorer or complete goalscorer we don't know yet, but when he is in the zone he looks cold. We need to see him get a full season (25+ starts) in Serie A as a number 9.
2) He makes the moves that good strikers make, off the shoulder, across the line, into the box. Doesn't always work but he makes them. You can't teach that.
3) He's not technically poor, so is not restricted to being a poacher who can't aid general build up play.
4) He has good physical elements to his game. He's mobile without being super fast, strong without being Bobo, and combative enough to fight with defenders.

Ultimately he will be judged on goals. That doesn't just depend on him of course, imagine he played last season in Pescara, I'd wager we would hear more positive posts around here. He has a lot to prove at this level, so we'll see how he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)