Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
never saw him, is he that could? what kind of player is he?

I hope he's tall and can sub Trez. :D
Completely different from Trezeguet.
I don't know how much do you remember Mijatovic from his Real Madrid days. If you do, then that's him but younger, faster and with better technique.
Plays prima and seconda punta. Moves a lot, South American technique, very fast, great sense for positioning and scores a lot.

P.S : Of course, Lionel Messi.
If i have to compare him to someone it would definitely be Messi. Just that Jovetic is a little stronger and taller and much more ugly than Messi :D.
Of course, Messi atm is classes better and Jovetic is unproven, but he is certainly not a hype only, like it's the case with most of the young players from south America. His quality is obvious.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't know how much do you remember Mijatovic from his Real Madrid days. If you do, then that's him but younger, faster and with better technique.
Plays prima and seconda punta. Moves a lot, South American technique, very fast, great sense for positioning and scores a lot.

If i have to compare him to someone it would definitely be Messi. Just that Jovetic is a little stronger and taller.
Of course, Messi atm is classes better and Jovetic is unproven, but he is certainly not a hype only, like it's the case with most of the young players from south America. His quality is obvious.
Jovetic certainly seems to be a Messijatovic.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

If i have to compare him to someone it would definitely be Messi. Just that Jovetic is a little stronger and taller and much more ugly than Messi :D.
yes I remember him and his offside goal vs Juve. :D

Thanks for the description. :coffee:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Guys, we're not in a position to be hunting young, up and coming players. We don't even have a solid squad. That should be and hopefully is our first concern.

Hate Secco for the right reasons. We are not going to be signing this player in any time soon.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Guys, we're not in a position to be hunting young, up and coming players. We don't even have a solid squad. That should be and hopefully is our first concern.

Hate Secco for the right reasons. We are not going to be signing this player in any time soon.
Frankly, i don't even want us to sign him. I'm aware that he's very good and may/will become one of the best, but i see absolutely no use of him.
We may regret it one day but at this moment we need experienced champions.

With Nocerino, Chiellini, Criscito, Palladino, with Giovinco back and Hamsik bought (i hope :D) we'll have more than enough youngsters.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Frankly, i don't even want us to sign him. I'm aware that he's very good and may/will become one of the best, but i see absolutely no use of him.

With Nocerino, Chiellini, Criscito, Palladino, with Giovinco back and Hamsik bought (i hope :D) we'll have more than enough youngsters.
:agree:

just add Ivanovic and Huntelaar and we'll call it a day :p

Geof

May 14, 2004
Yeah, with Giovinco and Palladino we got enough young forwards for the future.
If Del Piero needs to raise the tone with palladino only, imagine the yelling he'd have to do with Palla, Giovinco and Jovetic...
Poor Tobias wouldn't get the attention he deserves.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
See this is what happens when you don't reply to a stupid post...

Huntelaar would be a good signing next summer because with Del Piero getting old and Palladino not quite being where we want him to be, we need a striker.
Relax Tahir, relax man...

Yes, I agree Huntelaar and Ivanovic would be fantastic signings. However, I feel fixing the midfield should be considered more important than purchasing another striker.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I've never really understood this sort of mentality. I mean, it's like Giovinco and Palladino are proven players right now. And while Jovetic isn't proven either, he does seem to have more talent than both of them. So why stop with just two good attacking prospects? If a great talent is available, we should purchase him without question like Barcelona or Arsenal always seem to do. I know we aren't the same sort of clubs, but why can't we just take more chances on the youth and build a great squad for the future?

Besides, we have all sorts of experianced champions in Del Piero, Buffon, Camoranesi, Nedved and Andrade. The only other experiance we need is a commanding central midfielder, which Tiago might turn out to be if Ranieri would play him.

Imagine four or five years down the road with Jovetic - Giovinco - Palladino up front or just behind a striker. It looks just as impressive as Messi - Bojan - Dos Santos.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I don't quite understand why people still insist on Palladino as a talent. Honestly, the guy is 23 already and I really don't believe there's much more improvement coming from him. No matter how much people want him to be, he'll never be the new DP, he's gonna be our new Zalayeta IMO. I could be wrong but I don't think I am, I just don't see him becoming world-class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)