Stevan Jovetić - AM/SS - Manchester City (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
After seeing him for 1.5 years here, I think you should avoid signing him. His best skill is finishing. Give him two good chances and you'll have at least 1 goal.

His passing is average. Has a brilliant flick now and again, outweighed by a poor pass here and there. His worst asset is trying to dribble past his marker. He's tried it countless times and I can't recall a PL defender actually getting beat by him.

Unfortunately none of it matters due to injuries. He'll spend 70% of his time injured or returning from injury. There was one time he got cleared by doctors to resume practice, only to get another injury in the same practice he returned! Out for 3 weeks. Another time we anticipated his return during a cup game. He'd been out for over two months with little explanation. He must have got injured walking on the pitch because he was scratched with no explanation a few minutes before kickoff. If I recall, we played a man light on the bench.

I hope you buy him because we don't want to go through this anymore.
I agree with a lot of what you say here, but to be honest this was pretty much how he was like at fiorentina and I'm glad we didn't spend the money city did on him, on his day he is a good player but he is somewhat a limited player and never was or never will be a world class player or even a world class talent for that matter

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 2, 2011
I agree with a lot of what you say here, but to be honest this was pretty much how he was like at fiorentina and I'm glad we didn't spend the money city did on him, on his day he is a good player but he is somewhat a limited player and never was or never will be a world class player or even a world class talent for that matter
Yeah buying him was a mistake and most City fans suspected it at the time. We were banking on Isco and he did a u-turn for Real at the last second, so we scrambled for an AM-like player and he was the only one available. Everyone was disappointed but hopeful. It didn't work out. I don't think he's healthy enough for the top tier clubs in any major league.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah buying him was a mistake and most City fans suspected it at the time. We were banking on Isco and he did a u-turn for Real at the last second, so we scrambled for an AM-like player and he was the only one available. Everyone was disappointed but hopeful. It didn't work out. I don't think he's healthy enough for the top tier clubs in any major league.
He may be alrite for a club like arsenal or liverpool. man city clearly didn't do their homework on him if they were the only club prepared to meet the club's asking price.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He definitely had world class potential but his growth was hampered by constant injuries. I still recall his CL performances with fiorentina he was unstoppable at the time. Retrospect is easy.

Jul 13, 2010
Are you from Manchester?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah everyone here was dying to have him.
hmmm well unless you are referring to Nicholas but I wasn't too keen on Juve to meet fiorentina's valuation

- - - Updated - - -

Are you from Manchester?
Most city fans are

- - - Updated - - -

He definitely had world class potential but his growth was hampered by constant injuries. I still recall his CL performances with fiorentina he was unstoppable at the time. Retrospect is easy.
I still wouldn't say he was necessarily a world class talent, not in the same manner as Pogba has been say the last year or 2 or Neymar at Santos for example they have been consistent, Jovetic had one relatively injury free season which happened to be the season before he left for city

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I still wouldn't say he was necessarily a world class talent, not in the same manner as Pogba has been say the last year or 2 or Neymar at Santos for example they have been consistent, Jovetic had one relatively injury free season which happened to be the season before he left for city
Dude there are like 3 players in the world with the same talent as Pogba or Neymar.

Jovetic has huge potential, but only without taking into account injuries. As matters are, he consistently spends half the season in treatment though, making him not a very viable choice.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
hmmm well unless you are referring to Nicholas but I wasn't too keen on Juve to meet fiorentina's valuation

- - - Updated - - -

Most city fans are

- - - Updated - - -

By dying to have him I meant in general and not with respect to the very high valuation they put on him at the time. Pogba and Neymar look like having even more potential but jovetic was no joke either back then. Neymar and Pogba are the most promising talents at their age in a very very long time. The last person who looked that magical while being so young with probably the brazilian ronaldo and I might argue he seemed even better but I'd classify all as world class potential without thinking they are equally talented.

Jovetic was valued too high for us given our limited finances as was aguero but for a team like city both looked like great deals initially. If we were rich like City I doubt we'd have considered Jovetic not worth the risk as the potential was plenty and 30 mill wouldnt have been much of a risk for us if we had city's wallet.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Dude there are like 3 players in the world with the same talent as Pogba or Neymar.

Jovetic has huge potential, but only without taking into account injuries. As matters are, he consistently spends half the season in treatment though, making him not a very viable choice.
but Jovetic was never a world class talent though. Being promising is largely based around fan and media hype but he was never consistent enough to show that he was an actual world class talent in the same manner as Pogba and Neymar hence why they are labelled as world class talents and not just a talented player which Jovetic would be better suited as

- - - Updated - - -

By dying to have him I meant in general and not with respect to the very high valuation they put on him at the time. Pogba and Neymar look like having even more potential but jovetic was no joke either back then. Neymar and Pogba are the most promising talents at their age in a very very long time. The last person who looked that magical while being so young with probably the brazilian ronaldo and I might argue he seemed even better but I'd classify all as world class potential without thinking they are equally talented.

Jovetic was valued too high for us given our limited finances as was aguero but for a team like city both looked like great deals initially. If we were rich like City I doubt we'd have considered Jovetic not worth the risk as the potential was plenty and 30 mill wouldnt have been much of a risk for us if we had city's wallet.
He was good but I don't think he was ever worth 30 mill reflective of his promise and ability

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
but Jovetic was never a world class talent though. Being promising is largely based around fan and media hype but he was never consistent enough to show that he was an actual world class talent in the same manner as Pogba and Neymar hence why they are labelled as world class talents and not just a talented player which Jovetic would be better suited as
That's semantics, depending entirely on how you define world class.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
That's semantics, depending entirely on how you define world class.
True, there is no defined meaning of the word world class as we all have different measures, the best measure I would say is to compare it against anyone who is undoubtedly world class, in Jovetic' case I can honestly say I don't think he ever reached the same heights as Pogba and Neymar, that doesn't mean to say he isn't a good player because on his day he is, on the flip side he does have his limitations which was pointed out earlier in this thread

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Injuries can and often will be detrimental in a players development. The red hot Jovetic that shined for Viola would have been a success at Juve.

Sadly, he's injury-prone and should never be considered a player to build a team around, at least not a Juve team.

Wouldn't mind him, but I don't want to rely on him. He should be a supplement. But he's too expensive for that role, so on to a reliable player instead.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Injuries can and often will be detrimental in a players development. The red hot Jovetic that shined for Viola would have been a success at Juve.

Sadly, he's injury-prone and should never be considered a player to build a team around, at least not a Juve team.

Wouldn't mind him, but I don't want to rely on him. He should be a supplement. But he's too expensive for that role, so on to a reliable player instead.
:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)