Stephan Lichtsteiner (55 Viewers)

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Licht has been more convincing than Alves in the first part of the season, has to be said. But then again, we weren't playing this formation with Alves to truly judge his fit vis a vis Licht, which may optimise him a little better than the other one did.
I really don't know why people say Lichst was more convicing, he was an absolute liability every time he played and was very lucky that Dani got injured that we were forced to play him. Its easy to forget after a good run of 5 games (where has been great!) but prior to that, he was absolutely terrible! One of our worst players! While Dani wasn't spectacular, he still wasn't at fault for direct goals and actually contributed directly in important goals in like 3 matches in a row in both the CL and Serie A.

Also hope Beppe actually takes this whining on the sidelines thing serious and bans the next player for like 3 games if they pout, dont shake hands, kick waterbottles and thrash around when substituted. Don't care if it's Lichst or fukkin Buffon, it makes everyone look bad if it becomes a habit. Grow the fukk up you ball kicking millionaires.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
wtf do we need another starting CB for if we have Benatia, Bonucci, Chiellini, Barzagli and Rugani already?
we want a full back on the right side.
Lichsteiner is old
Dani Alves even more we need youth there.
But with those two hardly the youth will ever play.
So one of them has to go and i'd rather see Alves leaving.
For a huge sum to China would be the best XD

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't know why people say Lichst was more convicing, he was an absolute liability every time he played and was very lucky that Dani got injured that we were forced to play him. Its easy to forget after a good run of 5 games (where has been great!) but prior to that, he was absolutely terrible! One of our worst players! While Dani wasn't spectacular, he still wasn't at fault for direct goals and actually contributed directly in important goals in like 3 matches in a row in both the CL and Serie A.

Also hope Beppe actually takes this whining on the sidelines thing serious and bans the next player for like 3 games if they pout, dont shake hands, kick waterbottles and thrash around when substituted. Don't care if it's Lichst or fukkin Buffon, it makes everyone look bad if it becomes a habit. Grow the fukk up you ball kicking millionaires.
Because if we field a super offensive team with 4 strikers + Pjanic and Alex Sandro we need a more def oriented right back

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Because if we field a super offensive team with 4 strikers + Pjanic and Alex Sandro we need a more def oriented right back
Didn't say we need to play him, I was correcting the myth that somehow Dani was oh-so terrible and Lichst was ''more convincing'' in the start of the season.

Buuut I also believe the ''Dani Alves can only attack'' myth is also a bit far fetched. While Lichst is truly the more defensive option, Dani has clearly superior defensive stats from his previous seasons and has had some amazing defensive games against some tough wingers, if anyone was bothered with watching a couple of Barca games. Stats dont tell the whole story, we can see it all with our eyes, but I believe its up to Allegri to force him to play together with the rest. If he's as insane as his instagram posts are, then I doubt he'll see much game time in this formation.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That makes more sense then

However, i kinda see a problem here with signing a new RB, and that is the squad limitations. We all know that we are allowed to have 25 players only (17+4+4+U21 players) and when looking at our current formation and players i dont think we have enough room for a new RB without both Licht and DA being sold. We already have too many CMS for a 2 man midfield and too few offensive players for the 4231. What I think we will do is keep Barzagli as our backup RB and one of Licht/Dani, OR sell both of them and sign a new RB with Barza as backup. Most likely it will be Dani and Barza imo

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't say we need to play him, I was correcting the myth that somehow Dani was oh-so terrible and Lichst was ''more convincing'' in the start of the season.

Buuut I also believe the ''Dani Alves can only attack'' myth is also a bit far fetched. While Lichst is truly the more defensive option, Dani has clearly superior defensive stats from his previous seasons and has had some amazing defensive games against some tough wingers, if anyone was bothered with watching a couple of Barca games. Stats dont tell the whole story, we can see it all with our eyes, but I believe its up to Allegri to force him to play together with the rest. If he's as insane as his instagram posts are, then I doubt he'll see much game time in this formation.
Dani Alves can defend absolutely. The problem with him however is, he likes to go forward a lot and stays high up the pitch so we are vulnerable on the counter on that side. Thats why we need Cuadrado and his workrate to add stability to that side.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Lets ee how alves fare now in the new formation and with better form. he has been ice cold for months and now is back in business.

I dotn think licht is bad defensively, not at all...but he kills our approaches from the right because he is obvs not a winger and even his crosses are not that good. He runs out of ideas fast and unless he is not clear to send a cross, he will most likely produce nothing and pass back to the guy who passed the ball to him.

Dont get me wrong... he is great as a defensive minded RB... but we are asking him to be somethign he isnt IMO. he kind of compensated this deficiency in past season with sheer physicality, but he seems to not be able to put up that kind of performances anymore.

Let him and Alves duel for that spot, and the one who does better should be the sub of a new younger RB.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
What was the point of subbing Licht? Random sub and added nothing, Dani was still rusty. I don't think being subbed out angered Licht as much as Allegri's conservativeness

- - - Updated - - -

Licht was in the wrong though, I'm not excusing it

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
According to Allegri, he got confused and thought Licht was injured because of his usual playacting. Thats why he subbed him and Licht got mad because he was ok.

Thats according to Max.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Some would argue he won us the match by getting dumb ex-Merda Telles sent off. He did great covering that right flank as well but was let down by Cuadrado's final balls.

Welcome back to the UCL, Steph.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Some would argue he won us the match by getting dumb ex-Merda Telles sent off. He did great covering that right flank as well but was let down by Cuadrado's final balls.

He did play a part in getting him sent off as he moved his body away which was clever and same time foolish from telles.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Boksic

May 11, 2005

:agree:

Did well today, put in a couple of great challenges too.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
“I’m happy to be important for Juventus again after a tormented and difficult start to the season, I learned a great deal over the last five or six months. The most important thing is the group and the result. Whether it’s me who plays, Dani Alves or anyone else, it’s all the same.

The important thing is the team and it’s the team ultimately that always wins. Football is a team sport. We are a mature side with remarkable quality.

Having said that, 2-0 is not enough to make us relax. When you win the first leg 5-0, then you can relax a bit more. We must continue working and stay focused.”

Im guessing he was extremely unhappy with the Alves signing during the summer and tried to force a move to Inter out of spite. Lol. Glad hes back in the CL squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)