Stephan Lichtsteiner (68 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Not a fan of these public displays of disrespect shown to Allegri.

I didn't agree with Dani Alves coming on either but you need to respect the coach.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I want to hear confirmation first that it was about his sub.

I got the impression something on the field made licht mad, as he was pointing and complaining as he got off and to me, it seemed he was giving feedback to allegri

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
"I saw Stephan fall and thought he was injured, but he was telling me that he felt fine to continue.” -Allegri.

Do continue the meltdown pumpkins

- - - Updated - - -

“Lichtsteiner had already come off upset. I can have one grumpy player per weekend, not two! I interpreted his expression badly. I saw Stephan fall and thought he was injured, but he was telling me that he felt fine to continue.”

http://www.football-italia.net/97983/allegri-champions-semi-final
beat me to it :D

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
People need to stop inventing shit based on TV footage without knowing what was said.

The guy was chatting with Allegri afterwards and came on pitch to do the Curva salute. Nothing's going on.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Licht is impulsive, Allegri knows this as does the players. Nothing new, I didn't think there was much to this. Allegri is class and knows how to handle when players get upset and that's all that matters.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I have obvious pro-Stephan bias but I thought he did a good job specifically defending today.
He did surprisingly well in attack, but his defending was not that good imo:
- first Gagliardini shot was after Licht lost the header to d'Ambrosio (and we paid off Rizzoli, so inda didn't get penalty for Stephan holding d'ambrosia)
- Icardi's shot in the first half was after Licht didn't cover perisic (he was offside though), Bon bon went to cover Licht and was not quick enough, but Licht should have covered obvious passing line, not just trailing behind
- lost the header to Perisic (after that Mandzukic almost killed Icardi in a penalty box, but had Rizzoli in our pocket here also)
etc.

Don't get me wrong, it was a good game for Licht, one of his best this season. But I honestly think it's not good enough. In Licht defense, inda mainly attacked through his side and Perisic is very tough cookie. And we have no-one better atm to play there.
Here is highlights, I've just rewatched it.
http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2017/02/05/juventus-vs-inter-highlights-full-match-3/

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Perisic alongside icardi are inters best attacking players so he definitely had a tough job ahead of him but he doesn't have the legs to keep running back in the high octane tempo. I think it was on the few occasions when he lost his position , perisic slipped in to the left handside pocket and it completely destroyed our shape as bonucci came to cover but was nowhere near. They had a great opportunity to score from there but if inter were ever going to score a goal it would either be from a set piece or leaving perisic too much space. Credit where due, licht was still decent.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I like Lichsteiner but he is past it.
I dunno why we renewed his contract!
He is a problem because of his ego hardly he'll accept a replacement. See what happened with Dani Alves.
Anyway we had to bring in a younger one and not Alves and then slowly replace the swiss guy

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Licht has been more convincing than Alves in the first part of the season, has to be said. But then again, we weren't playing this formation with Alves to truly judge his fit vis a vis Licht, which may optimise him a little better than the other one did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)