Stephan Lichtsteiner (84 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Serie A teams found the weakness in our defense, and that's Lichtsteiner.

3 of the last 4 goals we conceded, were scored with a cross from our left side, by a player covered by Lichtsteiner. Belotti for Torino, Bonaventura for Milan and yesterday the Atalanta kid.

This has to be addressed now, because it's not a coincidence.

Here are the 3 goals and judge by yourselves:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

3 of the last 4 goals we conceded, were scored with a cross from our left side, by a player covered by Lichtsteiner. Belotti for Torino, Bonaventura for Milan and yesterday the Atalanta kid.

Kind of makes you wonder why it's so easy to put in crosses from the left side though.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The thing is that you know in a game against wingers, you have half a goal against from the licht side.

If we commoners know this, for sure serie A coaches know the decline on him and focus their attacks to that side. He will buckle sooner or later.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I am not sure he is the one to blame for Atalanta goal, it's mostly on Asa and whoever from CBs was behind him.
But overall yeah, Licht became a defensive liability.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Has to be said, though, that all 3 goals were conceded in a 4 men defense formation, where in these situations the fullbacks take the position of a CB. In a 3 men defense another player would have covered Belotti/Bonaventura/Latte Lath inside the box instead of Lichtsteiner.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
No one blames Asa for the 2nd goal against Atalanta? :shifty:

Didn't do $#@!.
:agree:

Last 15 minutes of that game Atalanta only attack for the right cuz they couldn't create anything for the left more than an amazing shot-once in a life thing but hey, let me stick to me agenda, Licht is a liability and Asa is eclectic-rediscovered

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012

And I think that even the goal against Napoli after the Insigne's pass to Calejon was a Lich non marking error to Calejon,although some think that Sandro make that mistake not Lich.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)