Stephan Lichtsteiner (82 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Don't worry fresh.

I will -rep you as well. Two negatives equal positive therefore you should be grateful you peasant

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We only have so many spots. To me, it is a clear signal from Allegri to all in the CL that we won't be a typical Juve defensive side. We will attack teams and that's clear with Alves & Cuadrado as our RWB's. We can't always defend a 1-0 lead like we all have been complaining for now for some time. I think its pretty significant IMO that we left Licht out. It wasn't personal it was simply a tactical change (finally) to start seeing a more attacking side for a change.

It would have been a Pussy ass move if we had a squad that fielded 5 genuine defenders that offer little going forward. We will have strong 3 CB's being flanking by 3 very offensively strong WBs.

It's time we start cracking skulls :tup:

“Cuadrado is getting his papers done and he should be available,” Allegri told the Press. “As for Dani Alves, tomorrow Lichtsteiner will play in his stead. He [Lichtsteiner] has been left out of the Champions League list after a technical decision, but I have three players for that role and he's still very important for Juventus. He'll play tomorrow.

Straight from his mouth. Maybe now the girls here can chill out :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's still the best authentic right back we have.
Exactly. People are saying we've got no use for him, but it's simply not true. Dani Alves is barely a fullback and has never really been that strong defensively. Cuadrado's just a winger tbh. Don't get me wrong, I prefer this new, more offensive Juventus. But it doesn't hurt to have an actual defender for that position either.

- - - Updated - - -

No selling to inter but also no mistreating senators, there must be a better way to handle this
If I were Lichtsteiner I would be very disappointed. Obviously it's business and you can't expect to play for Juventus just based on your past, but this guy has played pretty much every game for four seasons straight and now he doesn't even make the CL list? That's pretty hard to swallow.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He's still the best authentic right back we have.
Sure but it isn't what we want to use at the moment in the CL.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. People are saying we've got no use for him, but it's simply not true. Dani Alves is barely a fullback and has never really been that strong defensively. Cuadrado's just a winger tbh. Don't get me wrong, I prefer this new, more offensive Juventus. But it doesn't hurt to have an actual defender for that position either.
Which is why I think we will see him included back with the first team after the knockouts when the teams are getting stronger. Don't think we necessarily need him during the groups.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Alves is a perfectly fine RB. His lack of defensive skills is a myth. If he resolves to sit back more and attack less, he'll defend just fine.

He's a better RB than Licht, that's what I mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)