Stephan Lichtsteiner (8 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
This is what I don't get either. All the "he has been declining" talk. As if he isn't reliable anymore.

The one who has been declining & cost us quite few goals plays on the other side of the pitch.

Anyway, excluding him from the CL is bullshit. Regardless of what the reasons are.
We have reached a point where you don't agree with me. What has happened to this world :frown: Evra should just retire already though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Apparently he has refused a new contract. His agent (his brother) refused offers left and right, thry even refused a 10 mil offer from a certain club. Rumour has it that there even was a physical confrontation between Paraticci and Licht's brother. I guess this is his punishment.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Apparently he has refused a new contract. His agent (his brother) refused offers left and right, thry even refused a 10 mil offer from a certain club. Rumour has it that there even was a physical confrontation between Paraticci and Licht's brother. I guess this is his punishment.
Licht needs a new agent then. Inexcusable and unprofessional.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
And Alabas original position from youth years is CM, that's why he is good there.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Ah, didn't know that. Lahm then? Either way, you know what I mean.

I disagree. His hardly meh and how many times did we see him sneak into the box when an exquisite ball came from Pirlo. His intelligent as well. I'm serious if there's any of our fullbacks it's this guy.
Yeah mate but it's not the same thing. Making overlapping runs isn't hard really. And as a midfielder you must be able to create stuff or at least pass around decently. Most of the times Licht gets the ball he puts his head down, sprints to the line and crosses without looking, or just passes the ball back. I'm sorry but he's never been good going forward, other than getting into good positions from time to time. Without Pirlo he doesn't even do that so much anymore.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
This is what I don't get either. All the "he has been declining" talk. As if he isn't reliable anymore.

The one who has been declining & cost us quite few goals plays on the other side of the pitch.

Anyway, excluding him from the CL is bullshit. Regardless of what the reasons are.
somebody had to take the bullet tho. he was the easiest.

- - - Updated - - -

yes i read this as well maybe 3 days ago...surprised its only now being brought up here

agent and patarici had a hostile confrontation

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
This has ended so badly it's sad that such a great player for us has to be put through this. They probably thought they could force through a move to Inter but obviously our management didn't want to deal with Inter after them refusing to negotiate with Brozovic for us.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

He is undoubtedly reliable defensively but he is playing wingback and not fullback. Supposed to carry attacking inmpetus and creativity for the whole wing. And we all seen how his offensive game has been lacking big time, hit crosses at defenders legs, and physically seems to declined a little to the point it effects his productivity.

But in general losing Pirlo has hit him the worst, what he is great at is overlapping runs into the box, he barely assists or scores because no one picks up his runs. Pogba did couple of times (Licht goal vs BMG), but besides that his main way to contribute offensively is barely done. And since he can't dribble his guy or barely cross past him, it has seriously made us predictable and limited as heck to play him and Evra in a formation that requires offensive creativity from wings.

Hence why Cuadrado was considerably better when he got going last season, he gave the team what we lacked when we got stuck. We don't need another hard worker in wing when most of our CMs are that and we play with 3 CBs.

- - - Updated - - -

@Osman Austrian Chocolate is the real deal though
He is well rounded brilliantly, except not so much at defending lately.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Lichts attacking contribution is not quite the same since we lost Pirlo, I agree, but that's hardly his fault, he still makes the sneaky runs, our mids just don't have the vision to use them often.

He also had a very good understanding with Llorente, less so with our CF's after him.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
you talking about Dortmund? a team that can hardly be considered a rival to us and its overwhelmingly likely we won't even play against?

yes because the 5mil spent $#@!ulatively on Alves and Cuadrado (spent on the last fooking day too) is totally what prevented us from signing a quality CM.
Nothing prevent us, we didn't do enough. Matuidi with fat bastard and PSG-prince I-hate-juve were meant to fail right from the beginning and Witsel situation was just the consequence of a bad planning schedule and a bad moved from Zenit

As I said, we kept three really quality player for one spot and let Hernanes, Asamoah and Lemina as our second choices for our MF. Enough to win UCL? Even in your blindness you know that: less they need to play there, greater our chances

- - - Updated - - -

Licht is not a great player, has been declining for two years. It was needed to replace him and he rightfully lost his spot to Cuadrado half of last season.

right now, Is Litch better in his spot than Hernanes, Lemina or Asamoah in their owns? Don't do It with your heart and be objective?

Easy example, if Inter came here and asked for Hernanes, we would send him there in a bite. Why we didn't wanna to send licht? Cuz It would fuck us right in our bud and we know it

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
right now, Is Litch better in his spot than Hernanes, Lemina or Asamoah in their owns? Don't do It with your heart and be objective?

Easy example, if Inter came here and asked for Hernanes, we would send him there in a bite. Why we didn't wanna to send licht? Cuz It would fuck us right in our bud and we know it
But Licht is a wingback for us, not CM so why are you bringing them up?

We need Licht in the squad as backup, but he isn't good enough starting because his attacking capability is lacking. Alves and Cuadrado are more dynamic and we need that in CL and league. We are fairly conservative team so we don't need a runner only.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Licht didn't push for a move to Inter.

HIs brother only asked Juve to listen to offers within Italy.

He had offers from Liecster and Westham. Juve were ready to sell him abroad.

Sky.

Check his message on FB. Really a disgraceful treatement to this legend.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Not selling him to an Italian rival is disgraceful?
Leaving him out of the CL squad is.

How is Inter an italian rival, it's not like Licht will put them over the top, and it's not like this management weren't ready to do business with italian rivals before..
Why we don't adopt this attitude when selling our star players to CL rivals ?

And FYI, its not about not selling him to an italian rival, i don't care about that, in fact i like it. Its the fact of leaving him out of the CL squad.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
His bled sweat down that right wing. I understand the whole ambition vs loyalty and somewhere you need to draw the line but you gotta feel for the guy. I just hope he gets more games in serie A and his back in the CL squad come January. Its the least he deserves considering what's done is done.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Facts so far:
Juventus wanted to get rid of Lichtsteiner
Lichtsteiner said it's okay but I will only listen to offers from Italy
Juventus said listen we have couple of offers from England
Lichtsteiner said no, I've got an offer from Inter, I would like to Join Them
Juventus said no, we won't sell you to inter (probably because of guarin-vucinic saga) and fuck you Stephen, we gonna rot you on the bench so you will pray to us to sell you
What a shame, what a fucking disgrace, guy said no to big PSG offer to stay here lol and that's how juventus is paying him back for his loyalty and huuuuuuge impact that helped us to win so many titles in the past 5 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)