Stephan Lichtsteiner (16 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I'm really saddened by this :depressed

I hope the idiots who kept insulting him for a few under-par performances realize that he was working the shit outta his lungs and heart for this shirt 4 seasons straight.

kamyar zz5

Jul 9, 2014
shows his dedication to the club,giving everything with that condition while getting criticism for his performance lately.

hope he fully recovers and maybe,just maybe becomes his old self again.

get well soon swiss express.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Crucial player in these last 4 years. Criticising him for his form lately has nothing to do with the mad respect i have for him. Only heartless fools and fake fans would have anything bad to say about Lichtsteiner!!

Get well soon Forest!!

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Get well soon, Steph!

What's the name of the condition he has?

Get well soon Licht :heart:
It's a benign cardiac arrhythmia (atrial flutter), which is a type of tachycardia. I am certainly no expert, but I read it's basically down to irregular electrical signalling in the atria. Heart rate feels elevated, you get lightheaded, feel faint, need to sit down, focus on breathing, etc. One can semi black out if they're exerting themselves... well, you kind of see black spots, at least. Some athletes go through this ablation surgery, and occasionally have to have the procedure repeated. Jonas Gustavsson (NHL back up goaltender) once had 3 ablation procedures in 16 months, I'm pretty sure that was for a flutter. That was in 2011, and he's still in the league now (barely, although goaltending isn't exactly running up and down the pitch for 90).

Good it's not atrial fibrillation, which is a different and common type of tachycardia, and what I thought he was diagnosed with at first. Rich Peverley (hockey, again) had this, the Dallas Stars treated him preseason, and then 3/4 of the way through the year he almost died on the bench after going into cardiac arrest. Not to alarm anyone, different condition and I think there may have been some weird interaction with some meds they had him on, also. Anyway, Pevs heart stopped, but the EMS were on the scene in literally 15 seconds or so, and saved his life. That was some scary shit, but not the same as this situation.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Wtf.

I dont know, but I feel this thing should be taken seriously$

He is in hands of doctors, but no matter what happens on the procedure, something seems not right to me, I mean, to be stressing his body as a footballer if he has a heart with s symptom.

Lets hope it turns ok for him

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Wow, I'll miss him so much if this is the end of his Juve career. Motta to Lichtsteiner was the bigggest upgrade of a position ever seen in profesional football.

He's a warrior and I love him but if he's facing long term heart problems I don't want him to play football again. We need him as a coach or in a Pepe role, don't want him risking his life.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Wow, I'll miss him so much if this is the end of his Juve career. Motta to Lichtsteiner was the bigggest upgrade of a position ever seen in profesional football.

He's a warrior and I love him but if he's facing long term heart problems I don't want him to play football again. We need him as a coach or in a Pepe role, don't want him risking his life.
This guy was born to piss people off.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Reports are now saying that he might be out for up to 6 months. I guess that means the hunt for a RB should start now with a possible purchase in January.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)