Stephan Lichtsteiner (107 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I dont know about you guys but Im really starting to hate his style of play, he never takes any risk just simple passes. How is that possible that Olympiacos wing backs can dribble better than ours.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I've been one of his biggest fans, considering how many times he has dragged the team along in the past, but it's something I've picked up on for quite a few games now - his old level doesn't seem to be there. The whole contract situation can't help, but he's no longer the indispensable player he was, for me. Notice how Allegri has started to test Pereyra out at RWB? With Romulo also coming back it makes things more interesting.

His biggest asset is still his grinta and lifting of the team, but if his contract demands continue to be unreasonable then we should try our luck with someone else. As a Juventus fullback you need plenty of steel, stamina and determination.

Vrsaljko always comes across as a bit of bastard, he has the stamina, he can play fullback (both sides) and wing back/right midfield. He's also good technically, but you still lose the athleticism, speed and fearlessness of Lichtsteiner. I think he has the personality to play for us, and relations with Sassuolo suggest he is there as an option for us.

Zappacosta is another player, but I think he lacks the personality and defensive nous, and is better as a wing back.

The ideal scenario would be for Lichtsteiner to accept a slightly improved wage but allow us to integrate others, but if he really wants that money we have to look at our options. If Lichtsteiner loses his spirit to be at his best then he's one of those players who isn't technically good enough to get away with it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Lichtsteiner closer to Juve deal?
By Football Italia staff

Stephan Lichtsteiner could be closer to renewing his Juventus contract, if reports are to be believed.
The Swiss international has been a key player for the Turin side as they have powered to three successive Scudetti.
However, with the 30-year-old’s contract expiring at the end of the season, the former Lazio man has been increasingly linked with a move away from the club.
Rumours have swirled of interest from Inter, as well as a possible move to the Premier League to join Arsenal.
However, Gianluca Di Marzio’s website today reports that Lichtsteiner has moved a step closer to renewing his contract with the Old Lady.
The Sky journalist reports that Lichtsteiner’s agent met with the Juventus hierarchy in recent days, and progress was made in regard to the full-back’s contract renewal.
The website states that Lichtsteiner’s priority is to remain in Turin, and the player would only consider leaving should Juventus refuse to meet his demands.
Previously club and player have been reported as €1m apart in those discussions on salary.

-----------------------------

If we will continue with the 352... i say we should sell him. Theres no point in keeping an 30 years old innefective winger with high wages.

BUT, if we really transition to a new back 4 formation and never revert back to 352...then by all means try to convince him to stay at the club. His eagerness and energetic gamplay would be awesome if he is converted into his most suited role which is RB. Im convinced he would be an awesome right back and cover the attacking players in front of him. If he focus his stamina in defending and aiding the wingplay (not being the main man), he will deliver.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
This guy is personification of what Juve stands for. I wouldnt think twice about renewing his contract.
@Hydde you cant sell him, his contract expires in 6 months. After the horrors that we went through with various RBs in the past, from Grygera, Motta and other scrubs it would be foolish to release this guy.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Damn... he will go on bossman.

Well convince him to get an increase but not the one he is asking...and we get a deal.

Or maybe Juventus wil gamble with romulo?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)