Stephan Lichtsteiner (25 Viewers)

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
watch Bonucci in that situation again. he was at the center of the field when we lost the ball and instead of running back he decided to chase the player with the ball (which isnt necessarily a bad thing). since the ball is on the right side of their attack, Caceres moved to the center of the defense to cover Bonucci's spot (would be stupid if he stayed wide back and left us exposed). what Bonucci had to do is run back, but not to his natural spot (which he did), but to cover the far post which was empty since Caceres left his position. you cant expect a defender (Caceres in this case) to change his position in the middle of the opponents attack and especially when they are about to cross the ball in the box. i dont see what would be Caceres' fault in that situation...

The word you seek here is Communication, if a defender covers a spot you communicate with eachother.
Bonnuci did some more typical bonbon actions yesterday but let's not go deeper into that.

I expect Licht to get a 3 match ban for his dumb action yesterday. Konate brought it to the media but he did not say a word about his horror tackle on Pogs.
I thought it was Caceres fault as well, when someone mentioned its due to Bonucci losing the ball in the middle. Looking back at it Bonucci is too slow to get back to centre, thus Caceres moved it to his position to mark the other guy and leaving the runner free behind. Luckily Buffon was there to save the day

It was much more of a squeeze than a punch. I thought that was an Italian cultural thing. Can we not get away with arguing that.

Giovinco's a "good boy" :rofl:

Giovinco was the player with the worst attitude during the Singapore trip.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Fav moment yesterday of Licht was when he nearly killed Caceres for not marking i believe Rosenberg.
watch Bonucci in that situation again. he was at the center of the field when we lost the ball and instead of running back he decided to chase the player with the ball (which isnt necessarily a bad thing). since the ball is on the right side of their attack, Caceres moved to the center of the defense to cover Bonucci's spot (would be stupid if he stayed wide back and left us exposed). what Bonucci had to do is run back, but not to his natural spot (which he did), but to cover the far post which was empty since Caceres left his position. you cant expect a defender (Caceres in this case) to change his position in the middle of the opponents attack and especially when they are about to cross the ball in the box. i dont see what would be Caceres' fault in that situation...
You are right in saying Caceres wasn't to blame. He had to go to the man in the middle of the goal when the cross was coming in.

However, it was a collective issue rather than really being Bonucci's fault.

Bonucci got dragged forward marking the centre-forward early in the move and was always going to struggle get back into position, but that shouldn't have caused a problem.

Evra and Marchisio are the players who had the best chance of recovering the situation once things started to go wrong, but both appear to be ball-watching and not properly aware of the situation developing.

Marchisio could have dropped back into Bonucci's spot, as he had no-one in his own area to pick up and it was clear there wasn't going to be danger in that area.

Evra could have picked up the player who run wide to put the cross in, but he was also ball-watching.

If either (or both) of those things had happened, Juve would not have been left with Caceres trying to cover two attackers.

Chiellini and Caceres aren't blameless in this either: they are the players best placed to see the problem developing and therefore good communication from them to Evra and Marchisio could have got them to where they ought to have been.

One could also question whether Lichtsteiner's starting position was too high up the flank as he gave himself no chance of making up the ground to get back goal-side of the attacker at the back post.

It's the first highlight in this:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
lol

I have always got the idea that Lichteiner is the most mental player from us. It doesnt look like because he is calm most of the time, or arguing with players..... but he really let it loose sometimes, like a madman.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Watch the goal celebration. Evra is quite bamboozled by the sudden chest bump from Tevez. After that he just seems shellshocked, standing there without knowing what to do :D

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I was there throughout their stay.Only time he entertained the fans was when he was the selected few after the training session. In the hotel, he was one of the very few who never acknowledged the fans let alone for signature sessions or pictures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)