Stephan Lichtsteiner (17 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Licht was great this season. His endless energy and tireless running was a massive help for us, and he has chipped in with a few goals too. His crosses aren't that crash hot, but maybe with a couple of better strikers next season, more can be made of them.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i think that IF we really want to sell lichtsteiner this may be the main reason (besides that he is 29 and this is the last chance to get good money for him). licht is an excellent fullback and a solid wingback. he is better in a back four than in the midfield. but, we are not playing that way. we have 3 great cb. thats the main reason why we play with a back 3. but, the question is, what will happen when barzagli retires or is too old to play at the highest level. are we gonna look for a world class cb or something else (i saw many posts that suggests what to do when pirlo once leaves. that we will not be looking for a direct pirlo replacement but to change our formation and tactics. i think the same will happen when barzagli retires/leaves.)
to search for a new world class cb is a risk. can he play in a 3 man defense as successful as barza did. i dont think that we can find a player to fit in that role. so i think when barzagli retires we are gonna change back to a four man defense. till then licht will be used out of position and when we change to a back four he is gonna be too old to start regularly (he is 29 now, till then he is gonna be 33-34 probably). so i think that we are looking for a starting rwb (IF we really want to sell licht) with isla and padoin at the bench. and when barza retires then we will try to get a real fullback.

nemnem

Jan 21, 2012
We should keep him, he is sure the best player if we play in a 3-5-2 or 4-3-3. But I think he has a stamina problem that will get a bigger problem as he gets older. But I see his future as CB to take the place of Barzagli in 1-2 years, you'll see that Conte is gonna use him again on this position in Juli/ August.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)