Stephan Lichtsteiner (92 Viewers)

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
:) yep. I think it was that very moment. Licht loses his temper quick and needs to calm down. The way he stares at refs is always provoking.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It was just body momentum. Shouldn't have been a card. Im not sure I saw it, but Licht probably asked for a Pk which to the referee angry. Just a thought. May not be true coz I missed his reaction when he fell.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Question: If that block by Dante on Licht was done outside the box, say near the byline, would it been given a freekick?
Probably, that happens all the time. It's a different set of rules inside the area.

Similar to obstruction, it seems defenders are allowed to do that when running the ball out of play. If you did that in the midfield it'd be a freekick.

There are quite a few unwritten rules to football.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Exactly.

In any case, penalty or not, the yellow card for diving was just ridiculous. We should appeal the yellow card and expect to win it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Exactly.

In any case, penalty or not, the yellow card for diving was just ridiculous. We should appeal the yellow card and expect to win it.
It was more a case of his reputation preceding him. Clattenburg knows all about Lichtsteiner, especially after the Celtic game. Lichtsteiner did make a meal of it, but there was obvious contact.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
http://rutube.ru/video/17e8d3ecbbeefd328fcaa26be0f605fa/?autoStart=true&bmstart=438033

starts at 6:40

Obvious yellow card for trying to sell a penalty. Licht was the one who ran into Bayern defender and tried to get a penalty out of it with a ridiculous spin. The replays show it quite clearly. Ref had every right to show him a yellow there. You may not like it, you may even talk about "penalty on Lichtsteiner" but this won't change the facts. He even jumped right before "hitting" the defender.

Obviously I expect people to still claim it wasn't a yellow :howler:.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
There is also nothing to suggest that the ref had no right to show a yellow card. It was his decision, he could have let it go or punish the player. He chose the latter and noone should be mad. He did the same to the Bayern player a few minutes later.

The point is there is absolutely nothing scandalous in the card and some people are trying to portray it as a terrible decision.

Well if the vid is not enough I don't expect anything to change the minds of some people here, therefore please continue the holy crusade against the ref.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)