Stephan Lichtsteiner (76 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It was quite funny that they later chose to put Ambrose in front of Buffon because Hooper was getting so annoyed. That guy was more likely to make a defensive clearance for Juve.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Grande Lichtstiener.

What he was doing wasn't that big of a deal. Celtic (and the British commentators) just made it a big deal.
Aswell as the Danish commentators.

Not that he isn't capable of defending himself, but on more than once occasion now I have seen Licht acting almost like a bodyguard to Buffon. Today on the corner kicks and then the other moment that stands out in my mind was towards the end of the second Shakhtar match. :heart:
:D

Celtic fans, players or officials talking about physical plays, fouls or diving. Sorry, it's just too funny.
And i though Italians were the divers.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I love players with such characters in football, especially players in my team. The epitome of 'no shit' footballer.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
That's what SKY has been speaking about today from the game.

Lining up everyone from former refs to former Celtic players to debate how many dozens of penalties Celtic should have been given last night.
I'm not saying they are right but what Licht did was idiotic. Another ref might have easily awarded them a penalty kick (Nesta incident at Barca-Milan game, Collina's infamous penalty kick calls in the penalty area, etc). Licht was probably instructed by Conte but the (admirable) prick that he is, I felt he was overdoing it. He already had a yellow card and you should not do such antics when you are at risk of being sent off. I have no doubt that if it was a "bigger" team we were playing last night, the ref would be so much harsher on those incidents.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I'm not saying they are right but what Licht did was idiotic. Another ref might have easily awarded them a penalty kick (Nesta incident at Barca-Milan game, Collina's infamous penalty kick calls in the penalty area, etc). Licht was probably instructed by Conte but the (admirable) prick that he is, I felt he was overdoing it. He already had a yellow card and you should not do such antics when you are at risk of being sent off. I have no doubt that if it was a "bigger" team we were playing last night, the ref would be so much harsher on those incidents.
He was not doing anything wrong.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I disagree. After the yellow card at some point he was even leaving few centimeters distance between him and Hooper and at the same time cautiously isolating him from not blocking Buffon's moves and way.

You're right about Nesta-Barcelona corner incident but you really can't play and mark while hoping the ref isn't too harsh or idiotic like the Nesta incident. Instructions and opponents of names/number are given to players to mark them on set pieces, Lich did brilliantly to mark him and the yellow was extremely harsh. He was even asking the refs to monitor his hands as he's not grabbing him physically but pushing away chestly or physically from Gigi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)