Stephan Lichtsteiner (74 Viewers)

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
We should keep Lichtsteiner and he should be our first choice both in 352 and 433. Yes, he lacks the attributes of dribbling off his opponent, but his mentality, work and will to win does it for me. Against Parma in 1. half, he (and Kwadwo) was the one driving the team. I think hes a man that can lift a team when its needed.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We should keep Lichtsteiner and he should be our first choice both in 352 and 433. Yes, he lacks the attributes of dribbling off his opponent, but his mentality, work and will to win does it for me. Against Parma in 1. half, he (and Kwadwo) was the one driving the team. I think hes a man that can lift a team when its needed.
It's actually very easy.

4-3-3 -> Lichtsteiner.

3-5-2 -> Isla.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
It's actually very easy.

4-3-3 -> Lichtsteiner.

3-5-2 -> Isla.
We won't play the 4-3-3. What's the last time we played that ?? we didn't even try it once in the preseason, and all our purchases point the 3-5-2, Licht showing that the Isla purchase was unnecessary. Would've been better and wiser to use those funds to get a proper striker.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We won't play the 4-3-3. What's the last time we played that ?? we didn't even try it once in the preseason, and all our purchases point the 3-5-2, Licht showing that the Isla purchase was unnecessary. Would've been better and wiser to use those funds to get a proper striker.
How can you say that when Isla hasn't played a single minute for us yet? Isla is the best option one could have for the RWB position.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
How can you say that when Isla hasn't played a single minute for us yet? Isla is the best option one could have for the RWB position.
We had the best RB in Italy last year, Top 5 in the world. Licht is amazind defence wise, so tough to beat. Isla is a nice player but you can't deny the purchase was unnecessary, if that means you are going to bench one of our best players last and one of the best in his position.
We had Licht, Martin and Pepe for that right side and no one other than DC for the left, and no striker, and we decided to throw close to 18 mil for a luxury player. Can't see the logic behind that, once Isla start playing and if he benches Licht, we'll have an unhappy player in our hand because he's too good to sit on the bench.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We had the best RB in Italy last year, Top 5 in the world. Licht is amazind defence wise, so tough to beat. Isla is a nice player but you can't deny the purchase was unnecessary, if that means you are going to bench one of our best players last and one of the best in his position.
We had Licht, Martin and Pepe for that right side and no one other than DC for the left, and no striker, and we decided to throw close to 18 mil for a luxury player. Can't see the logic behind that, once Isla start playing and if he benches Licht, we'll have an unhappy player in our hand because he's too good to sit on the bench.
The Isla purchase was a luxury/not a necessity never fails to amaze me. :lol:

Isla in the 3-5-2 is going to make you forget about Licht. Besides, I'm confident we'll see a back 3 of Licht-Barzagli-Chiellini later on this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)