Stephan Lichtsteiner (71 Viewers)

Jul 20, 2012
Don't get me wrong, I think Licht was a beast for us. I'm just pointing out why this transfer makes sense and something that people chose to ignore.
Yea i understand but then again it depends on what formation we are going to focus on and the depth we need, right now we have more then enough players on the right wing.But say we switch to a 4-3-3 permanently, only 2 players can play rwb and that is cacers and Lichsteiner. So that would mean we would lose the depth afor that side isla can only play midfield and winger

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yea i understand but then again it depends on what formation we are going to focus on and the depth we need, right now we have more then enough players on the right wing.But say we switch to a 4-3-3 permanently, only 2 players can play rwb and that is cacers and Lichsteiner. So that would mean we would lose the depth afor that side isla can only play midfield and winger
I think we'll be playing with 3-5-2 as our main formation for sure, at least when Isla comes back. And I think we'll play like that in majority of our matches. It's also one of the reasons we're trying to sign a striker to partner Vucinic/Giovinco. It's also the reason we bought Isla and kept Caceres who can play in different roles, but all fit 3-5-2.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Actually, Isla can play as a RB as well

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
But doesn't Juve already have a ton of players with that mentality?

Again, where does Licht fit in a 3-5-2 when they have Isla, who is a younger, more talented player?
Keep in mind that Isla is just recovering from a long injury. Lichtsteiner did good enough in 3-5-2 last season, why can't these two rotate? We won't be playing 3-5-2 all the time, he can start in 4-3-3. It's not as difficult as you make it look.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I like both Isla and Caceres, but in a 4-3-3 they just don't cut it the same way Lichtsteiner does. No fucking way.

This FORCES us to play the 3-5-2, and inevitably it's gonna make us more predictable.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Keep in mind that Isla is just recovering from a long injury. Lichtsteiner did good enough in 3-5-2 last season, why can't these two rotate? We won't be playing 3-5-2 all the time, he can start in 4-3-3. It's not as difficult as you make it look.
Licht struggled more often than not in a 3-5-2 formation last year. Everyone saw it. He was much better as a RB in the 4-3-3

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I like both Isla and Caceres, but in a 4-3-3 they just don't cut it the same way Lichtsteiner does. No fucking way.

This FORCES us to play the 3-5-2, and inevitably it's gonna make us more predictable.
Caceres is the weakest of the trio. He shouldn't have been signed if we needed the money.

Many people were saying how Licht sucked in 3-5-2 last year..........
He doesn't, it's just the RWB is not his forte, but he can also decently cover the RCB position in that formation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)