Stephan Lichtsteiner (565 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If there was any indication that a 3-5-2 is the formation du jour, then this would be it. If he is sold for that 15 million, they better make really good use of that money.

Thankfully, Isla was brought on board, and Caceres can play that position in a pinch as well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The only thing that would keep me feeling a little confident if we sell him, is that we've got the best option available for that RWB position.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Tbh, I wouldn't even sell him for that. Maybe, if that money guarantees Jovetic, but there is no other reason to sell.
Like I said, we spent too much on Isla and Caceres to make them all rotating. We don't have that City luxury to keep them all IMO.

I also think that we need cash to sign a striker, so if this transfer happens (I think it will) we're getting a striker (whoever that be).

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
:tup:

And if that helps us to secure a quality LWB like Kolarov/Armero with that money as well.
I still don't want him to leave though. We should be adding more quality players like him in the team, not selling them. I wonder how the other players would feel with him sold.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
€5 mill? What are we, Udinese?
That has nothing to do with it.

I read more than enough comments on this and the game threads where Licht was playing as a RWB, and not doing well at all. Now, they have a younger, and honestly, more skilled TRUE RWB in Isla. They also have Caceres who can play as a RB if, and I repeat, IF, they feel the need to switch to a 4 man defense.

That being said, with the obvious trend going towards the 3-5-2, with a potentially superior RWB already on the roster, what do you do with Licht?

Look, I love the dude. Absolutely love him. He had a really good season overall, but to me, the way that this team is currently constructed, he is a surplus at this point.

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
I still don't want him to leave though. We should be adding more quality players like him in the team, not selling them. I wonder how the other players would feel with him sold.
Meh. It will not influence the other players but true...I hate to see him leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 565)