Stephan Lichtsteiner (79 Viewers)

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
Why not? We'd be selling one of our best performers of our unbeaten season.
Yes but selling him is not a desperate measure. We are quite good covered on the right, Conte has other ideas and probably Licht is tempted by the offer from PSG. I am sure that the money will be used to reinforce our weak areas. The only thing I don't like is the 15M fee. Marotta could have milked at least 20M from PSG. But, lets wait and see.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Yes but selling him is not a desperate measure. We are quite good covered on the right, Conte has other ideas and probably Licht is tempted by the offer from PSG. I am sure that the money will be used to reinforce our weak areas. The only thing I don't like is the 15M fee. Marotta could have milked at least 20M from PSG. But, lets wait and see.
Meh, I would have preferred not getting Caceres than selling Licht.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Lichtsteiner is, put simply, a fantastic right back and a true champion. In a 4-man defence, you won't find a better right back.

I'll miss his skills, but most of all I'm gonna miss his awesome personality, spirit and grinta, that he was very much able to transmit to the other players. What a warrior.

This sale is absolutely moronic.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It all comes down on one simple thing - can Isla deliver?

I think he's a fantastic player. He's yet to prove that here, but people act like we're still stuck with Grygera on the right side. We also have Caceres who's very good and who easily fit into 3-5-2 as both CB and RW.

Jul 20, 2012
It all comes down on one simple thing - can Isla deliver?

I think he's a fantastic player. He's yet to prove that here, but people act like we're still stuck with Grygera on the right side. We also have Caceres who's very good and who easily fit into 3-5-2 as both CB and RW.
But then again i honestly doubt we will focus on a 3-5-2. So if say we were to use a 4-3-3, Lichsteiner is our best RWB, Caceres is good but Lichsteiner can defend and is always useful on the right side. He also fast for a defender.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
But then again i honestly doubt we will focus on a 3-5-2. So if say we were to use a 4-3-3, Lichsteiner is our best RWB, Caceres is good but Lichsteiner can defend and is always useful on the right side. He also fast for a defender.
Don't get me wrong, I think Licht was a beast for us. I'm just pointing out why this transfer makes sense and something that people chose to ignore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)