Stephan Lichtsteiner (93 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I also think 15mln is rather a low price, especially because it's PSG who's buying...

---------- Post added 21.08.2012 at 16:52 ----------

I seriously cant understand what Marotta really is up to.

Though like i said i wont speak anything until Aug 31
One thing is for sure and it's that we won't buy an RB if Licht leaves. We'll stick with Isla, Caceres and possibly even Pepe on that position.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I seriously cant understand what Marotta really is up to.

Though like i said i wont speak anything until Aug 31
I think it's obvious. He knows that the entire bianconero population wants a striker. He knows he can't fail to deliver on that promise. He's selling Licht in order to accomplish this, which, in my opinion, is a terrible mistake. Particularly if you look at the strikers that are available at the moment.

If Licht is let go for Llorente I will be pissed.
Dzeko is the very least we should expect, after letting go of such a beast like Lichtsteiner.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
I think it's obvious. He knows that the entire bianconero population wants a striker. He knows he can't fail to deliver on that promise. He's selling Licht in order to accomplish this, which, in my opinion, is a terrible mistake. Particularly if you look at the strikers that are available at the moment.

Dzeko is the very least we should expect, after letting go of such a beast like Lichtsteiner.
I would be ready to lose him for JoJo. For Dzeko, not sure. For Llorente, hell no!

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
My theory:

The failure to sell Felipe Melo has caused a little bit of panic. The club said several times both before and during the mercato that a large chunk of the money for the mercato would have to be generated through player sales. The price for Melo was set to 13, but I think Juve expected at least 8. Instead, we got 1,5 million for the loan.

There are a bunch of members here who think that we've already set aside the 20 to 20+ million required to land a top striker, but there's really nothing to suggest that is the case. Quite the opposite: our pursuit of a striker is dragging on, and has been dragging on, due to a lack of funds.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
My theory:

The failure to sell Felipe Melo has caused a little bit of panic. The club said several times both before and during the mercato that a large chunk of the money for the mercato would have to be generated through player sales. The price for Melo was set to 13, but I think Juve expected at least 8. Instead, we got 1,5 million for the loan.

There are a bunch of members here who think that we've already set aside the 20 to 20+ million required to land a top striker, but there's really nothing to suggest that is the case. Quite the opposite: our pursuit of a striker is dragging on, and has been dragging on, due to a lack of funds.
How much did we make on Krasic?

What is happening with Ziegler?

Iaquinta?

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
My theory:

That's a very good explanation of the situation.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
How much did we make on Krasic?

What is happening with Ziegler?

Iaquinta?
We got 7 million for Krasic and 6 + bonus (totalling 8) for Elia. Ziegler and Iaquinta looks difficult to offload.

The sales of Krasic og Elia were decent, I agree, but we need more. We've gathered some pretty expensive players over the summers in Asamoah, Isla and Giovinco, not to mention Lucio's high wages, so I definitely think Juve will be looking for another cash injection through a sale. Sadly, it looks like it's gonna be frickin' Lichtsteiner, of all people :sergio:

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
We got 7 million for Krasic and 6 + bonus (totalling 8) for Elia. Ziegler and Iaquinta looks difficult to offload.

The sales of Krasic og Elia were decent, I agree, but we need more. We've gathered some pretty expensive players over the summers in Asamoah, Isla and Giovinco, not to mention Lucio's high wages, so I definitely think Juve will be looking for another cash injection through a sale. Sadly, it looks like it's gonna be frickin' Lichtsteiner, of all people :sergio:
Well it's a well covered position after all. :cry:

You can't deny it...we would still have Martin and Isla, better situation than any other position basically.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Just cut this crap allright..Llorente is as good if not better than Dzeko.

The dissapointment from Licht's sale can be overcome if Llorente along with another quality LWB is bought Periera/Armero.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Just cut this crap allright..Llorente is as good if not better than Dzeko.

The dissapointment from Licht's sale can be overcome if Llorente along with another quality LWB is bought Periera/Armero.
Just because in every other thread, it won't became true.

Dzeko is the better player.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Not gonna have another "Is Llorente good or not"-discussion with you, Cusp. I'm at full liberty to not rate Llorente. If he does sign, I hope he proves me wrong, but all I'm really saying here is that I wouldn't let go of Lichtsteiner in order to get him. Is that so outrageous?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Not gonna have another "Is Llorente good or not"-discussion with you, Cusp. I'm at full liberty to not rate Llorente. If he does sign, I hope he proves me wrong, but all I'm really saying here is that I wouldn't let go of Lichtsteiner in order to get him. Is that so outrageous?
I find it funny that you're willing to let go of Licht for Dzeko but not for Llorente..Even though you feel the former is better than the latter there isnt a massive difference in quality between the two like you people make it sound.The difference is miniscule.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I find it funny that you're willing to let go of Licht for Dzeko but not for Llorente..Even though you feel the former is better than the latter there isnt a massive difference in quality between the two like you people make it sound.The difference is miniscule.
There is never a massive difference in quality at the very top of european football. The difference is indeed not by much, but it's the little things that count. I believe much more in Dzeko being the guy that steps up in a desperate moment of need, than Llorente.

Anything new with Lichtsteiner, or are we judging on yesterday's position?
Mostly on what we already know, but the thing is; time passes by and Marotta isn't denying the negotiations. And today there is a new article from Eurosport saying that the deal is close to done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)