Stephan Lichtsteiner (86 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Where do you get this from? Marotta said way before the Lichtsteiner story that we were looking to buy a striker.

Actually, wtf is all this panicking to sell players talk?
Yes, he did say that, but he didn't say how. I think it's pretty obvious that our main obstacle of landing a striker is money. We seem unable to cough up a decent sum for any of them. On top of this, a lot of Marotta's time and energy this summer has been directed at player sales, an area he hasn't been very succesful in. Not entirely his fault, because a player like Melo still has his "Secco-wages", and, well, Galatasaray are a bunch of bastards. However, this should tell us that player sales is a necessity in our mercato, a necessity in order to bring other names in. The money isn't exactly pouring in, and I just therefore think it's very likely that he would strongly consider the sale of Licht.

Never said it was a done deal, but I'm saying that I find it likely that a deal could materialize.

Then you have the words of his agents: "Licht would like to play for PSG", which is worrying to say the least. And one last thing, Marotta hasn't even denied these rumours. When Vidal was linked to Real Madrid, it took him 1 day to come out and tell them to f*ck off. He simply hasn't done that with Lichtsteiner.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yes, he did say that, but he didn't say how. I think it's pretty obvious that our main obstacle of landing a striker is money. We seem unable to cough up a decent sum for any of them.
Unable or unwilling? I see it as the latter. We are unable to pay the £70m (€90m) that United will pay overall for Van Persie, for example, and short of selling 2 important players that doesn't change, but I see us as being unwilling to go for a €30m striker with a €5m salary.

All this Lichtsteiner talk is separate, two and two is being put together now simply because there are 11 days left in the window and people are panicking. Selling any player would obviously add extra money, but I don't believe it would make Marotta think about overpaying what he and club see as a reasonable figure.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
This guy is absolutely champion and beast.. Just don't get the reason if we sell him. Buying Isla is a gamble with his injury and with his half 9m means his value is 18m. How can Marotta sell Licht for 15m. Caceres also not as good as Licht as RB. Pepe and Giach also not a RB.. We would sacrifice our flexibility to play with 4 man defense if we sell Licht..

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Unable or unwilling? I see it as the latter. We are unable to pay the £70m (€90m) that United will pay overall for Van Persie, for example, and short of selling 2 important players that doesn't change, but I see us as being unwilling to go for a €30m striker with a €5m salary.

All this Lichtsteiner talk is separate, two and two is being put together now simply because there are 11 days left in the window and people are panicking. Selling any player would obviously add extra money, but I don't believe it would make Marotta think about overpaying what he and club see as a reasonable figure.
Well, we actually don't know if Marotta is dealing with money shortage or just haggling. If it's the first case, sell.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
My favorite player signed since ages.... Even if we play 3-5-2 he is needed. Isla can't do it on his own and we got like 4 cb plus Masi and Marrone. I even trust licht more than lucio

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
in the 3-5-2 the wingbacks got alotta running to do, tackles to make, pressure to apply and they themselves will be subject to bruising tackles some of them while theyre flying up the flank...pepe, isla, catherethetheth all coming off injuries it wouldnt be wise to dispose of our most reliable and bionic RB

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
We've been struggling with our FB's for a long time now, and we've finally found someone that's playing great for us, we shouldn't let it go unless it's in order to acquire something greater (Jojo).

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Tell me of a more "gritty" player than Lichtsteiner, and I'm sure I won't believe you. This is one of the toughest bastards out there. He'll work his ass off for you, and always give 200 %.

You just don't sell grinta like this. You just don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)