Stephan Lichtsteiner (83 Viewers)

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
Sell the foreigner to create funds and space for the new Molinaro (Peluso) ?
Hell NO!
It took us almost a decade to find such a RB...
Peluso is a LB dude. We are pretty well covered in the right side with Isla, Caceres and Pepe. The left side is the problem but I think that Peluso will be purchases as the alternative of De Ceglie and Asamoah who will be used a lot on the left in 3-5-2.

Buy on AliExpress.com

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Saw the ad yesterday. :(

Juve-Parma on espn hd next Sunday night. I'm gutted coz there's going to be a major clash with la liga showtimes and Serie a will lose out and not be as regular in the bargain. Neo in the meantime has added the eredivisie and ligue 1 to their schedule instead. Very sad.
Too much EPL cock sucking, da faqs up with neo and the sudden romance with eredivise and ligue 1? :confused: This sucks, at least we have streams.

That being? The player isn't for sale? We are going to make 30m from this move? I'd really like to know. I guess you'll only believe this when it goes through. So be it.

Everything seems to be suggesting that all parties are thinking about this seriously.
Of course 30m is not a practical figure but as fans we push it to that. But 15m is ridiculous and even if we think lich is surplus i still think we can sell him for more. 15m is a figure culbs like arsenal or man u or bayern would pay, if Chelsea and PSG are interested i think we can easily get a sum above 20m.

We might still have Isla and by the new atlanta guy but with Martin injured Conte knows he cannot risk thining out dept considering the number of tournaments we are playing in. I hope the rumours are not true, and unless there is an official statement or any statement by marotta or someone a website can quote (regarding the price) i refuse to believe it.

I mentioned it before the rumours as to why he can be sold and then the rumours started. The 15 M€ is ridiculous, anything less than 20 M€ should not be accepted but we can't deny the fact that if PSG have made contact with him and offered him a fat paycheck he might use it as a card to want-go. It would suck if he leaves as I really like the player but if we are planning to focus on the 3-5-2, we have better personnel for the formation. That being said we should not restrict ourselves to one formation and in a 4-man defence he is king on the right wing.
:tup:

That and the amount of football we will be playing (3 or more tournaments?) i dont think we would let him go cheap.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Peluso is a LB dude.
i know, but we have an excess of RBs atm, esp with Isla and Caceres returning, while we are still in a dire need of an LB
So instead of 3 RBs and 1 LB, we may end up selling one of the RBs to get a LB and balance Marotta's mistakes, with a marginal profit to show off and a higher Italien % on starters...

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
i know, but we have an excess of RBs atm, esp with Isla and Caceres returning, while we are still in a dire need of an LB
So instead of 3 RBs and 1 LB, we may end up selling one of the RBs to get a LB and balance Marotta's mistakes, with a marginal profit to show off and a higher Italien % on starters...
Doubt it. Asamoah will be used on the left when we play 3-5-2 whereas De Ceglie / Peluso will rotate when we play with 4 on the back. However I also disagree to sell Licht for less than 20M.

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
We will see this most of the times during the upcoming season:

Buffon

Barzagli. Bonucci. Chiellini

Isla. Marchisio. Pirlo. Vidal. Asa

Vucinic/ Gio. CF/ Matri

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
They brought Verratti for 14 mil.

And then they think they can get Lichtsteiner for 15 mil?

For me that's an insult to Juventus and Lichtsteiner himself.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
They brought Verratti for 14 mil.

And then they think they can get Lichtsteiner for 15 mil?

For me that's an insult to Juventus and Lichtsteiner himself.

:agree:

would be even more insulting if marotta and co. think thats an acceptable figure to let P$G pay for one of the top RBs in europe

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I like how everyone is signing his praises now, lots were calling him overrated back in his Lazio days, and a few were laughing at the Ligue when i used to say he was the best rightback in the Ligue(when he was at Lille). Now you guys don't want to sell him for 15M :D

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
It's fucking Galatasaray. I think we really counted on them purchasing Melo. They backed out, and now we really need to sell someone in order to get the fancy striker. We've been trying to sell Matri to Milan, but Milan are gonna get Pazzini in a trade-deal including Cassano. Now, desperate to get some money in through sales, we're actually gonna sell Lichtsteiner, of all people. If Galatasaray had honored the Melo-deal, I'm sure we would've bought our striker already, but now Marotta seems to have to sell Lichty to make the striker-thing happen.

In my opinion, considering the strikers that are available, this will be a terrible move by Marotta.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
It's $#@!ing Galatasaray. I think we really counted on them purchasing Melo. They backed out, and now we really need to sell someone in order to get the fancy striker. We've been trying to sell Matri to Milan, but Milan are gonna get Pazzini in a trade-deal including Cassano. Now, desperate to get some money in through sales, we're actually gonna sell Lichtsteiner, of all people. If Galatasaray had honored the Melo-deal, I'm sure we would've bought our striker already, but now Marotta seems to have to sell Lichty to make the striker-thing happen.

In my opinion, considering the strikers that are available, this will be a terrible move by Marotta.
Cant the guy sell Pepe instead? :sigh:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I like how everyone is signing his praises now, lots were calling him overrated back in his Lazio days, and a few were laughing at the Ligue when i used to say he was the best rightback in the Ligue(when he was at Lille). Now you guys don't want to sell him for 15M :D

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Cant the guy sell Pepe instead? :sigh:
I think the idea now is that we've somehow already replaced Lichtsteiner with Isla, who fits the 3-5-2 better, and in addition we have someone in the market, PSG, who is willing to spend 15 million euros for Licht, which I'm sure is a sum that Marotta is fapping to this very moment. We don't really have another player like Pepe in the squad, and besides, he's Conte's favourite after Marchisio. Add to this that Pepe doesn't really have any concrete suitors at the moment, so there's no interest in him and no concrete offers.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Definitely, but unfortunately this whole Lichtsteiner-thing seems to be very true. You have both sets of agents, too, who've basically confirmed that negotiations are underway. When agents say stuff like "Licht would love to play for PSG", you know something is up.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I think the idea now is that we've somehow already replaced Lichtsteiner with Isla, who fits the 3-5-2 better, and in addition we have someone in the market, PSG, who is willing to spend 15 million euros for Licht, which I'm sure is a sum that Marotta is fapping to this very moment. We don't really have another player like Pepe in the squad, and besides, he's Conte's favourite after Marchisio. Add to this that Pepe doesn't really have any concrete suitors at the moment, so there's no interest in him and no concrete offers.
Spalletti got cash now, he wanted Pepe. He's acquitted. 10M DDTS.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Now, desperate to get some money in through sales, we're actually gonna sell Lichtsteiner, of all people. If Galatasaray had honored the Melo-deal, I'm sure we would've bought our striker already, but now Marotta seems to have to sell Lichty to make the striker-thing happen.

Where do you get this from? Marotta said way before the Lichtsteiner story that we were looking to buy a striker.

Actually, wtf is all this panicking to sell players talk?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
If we don't have money to buy someone else, just don't buy it.

Quagliarella, Matri, Pepe - all these above average Italian guys approaching their 30s don't have much value (Matri a little bit more).

Spaletti is the only hope to get some decent money for them. A lot of Italian clubs would want them, but no one has money in Italy anymore.

So just keep the guys and move on. I agree, Melo fucked us again. And we could do nothing. If we think letting him running around the pitch all day to get 3m/season is punishment, to him it's paradise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)