Stephan Lichtsteiner (84 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
And I do think that Conte will only let him go if the money is reverted to new signings. Otherwise he wouldn't be ok with it.

To get Dzeko + Jovetic is impossible, but I think that with this money, we can get one of them + co-won Armero. And we should get another cb as backup - like diakite or peluso.

---------- Post added 17.08.2012 at 18:01 ----------

PSG if interested wont offer more than €15m for him..
I think it will be between 15-20M.

Buy on AliExpress.com

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
we're going into a season where we have to face the ronaldos, matas, messis etc...i dont think its advisable releasing a player who you are almost guaranteed to get beastly performances from...

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
If Isla is fit, he won't even play the big games...
says who? isla hasn´t made a single appearance for juve so far. furthermore he hasn´t played at all for like 4 months?!
how can some people be so sure that we are going to ditch one of our best performers from last leason just like that?

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Many of you are mentioning that if Licht leaves we have Isla, Pepe and Caceres for RWB, but pre-season matches gave clear indications that Padoin will also be used in that position. Just like Asamoah on the left. These reports of Conte giving the green light for Lichts transfer might not be far from true.

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
If Isla is fit, he won't even play the big games...
Mauricio Isla is a quality player. No doubt about that.

But for Juventus he remains a question mark. Whether he'll perform the way he did at Udinese remains to be seen. Moreover, he's currently injured. He is yet to fully recover and hit form again. He's the one to challenge Stephan for a first team spot not the other way around.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
it's risky to sell Licht.. as we still don't know what is going on with Isla.. and Caceres is still injured!! if some crazy money maybe we can risk it, if not then no!

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I honestly think that Litch had an awesome first part of the championship, when playing as a RB. He's one of the tops in the world, no doubt.

But when Conte came up with 3-5-2, Litch as a winger just didn't go so well. He was pretty average. I don't think he excels as a winger. Isla wasn't bought for depth. Caceres and Padoin are there for depth.

Isla IMO is a WC right winger, who could actually play uprfont or even as a RB. He exceles in every position of the right side. He fits perfectly in this team. I don't think his performances should be reason of concern - at the very worst point of view, he'll be average, just like Litch is in this position. Downgrade is almost impossible here.

Anyway, I'd sell only and if only with this money we'd go for Dzeko/Jovetic + Armero.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Agree with Pedro on his opinion on Isla..In big games imo we'll go with the 3-5-2 module and Isla would always start over Licht in that formation..

A fit and healthy Isla >>>>>>>>Lichtsteiner..Even though i am a Licht Fanboy and would hate to see him being sold.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
And yes, this is risky. It's a gamble. Selling a solid and well established player, trusting an injured guy will handle it well and that we we'll get the CF we want.

I'd do it, if the money received is available. Jovetic will be ours for 30M, and regardless of money, if u ask me if I would exchange Litch for Jovetic, I would.

But if Marotta sells him and get some shit instead, then it's a disaster. It all depends on what he's doing with the money. He'll definitely have the resources to do well.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Sell Vidal while we're at it, we have Asamoah and Pogba who can replace him. :howler:

edit: Sorry to say this but whoever wants to sell him go join an Arsenal forum with this pathetic mentality of yours. Licht was a major part of the best defence in Europe why would we want to ruin it if it's working?

We were linked with Llorente and Armero before these rumors about Licht so this theory about selling him to get another player is bullshit. You don't sell your best players (unless it's a Zidane case) but buy more great players and make your team stronger.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Not much of an issue with him being sold, even though I think he's the best RB we got, but to sell him to strengthen a Champions League rival is pathetic. Fullbacks is pretty much all that PSG is missing to become unbeatable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)